TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

I could swear my family has no common sense. - June 25th 2009, 10:41 PM

Don't get me wrong, I love my family to death, but MY GOD.
My mom can barely afford to pay a lot of our bills, and we always live pay check to pay check. We spend to much on pointless things and then have barely any money left for the bills that have to payed and the things we actually need. So my mom gets paid today, doesn't have much money, and what do her and my sister spend it on? Fast food. Haven't they ever heard of grocery shopping instead of eating fast food every night? It's one of the reasons I'm an unhealthy weight, I can tell you that. We have nothing to eat in the house, because they buy fast food instead of groceries. So if I do not want to starve, I have to eat unhealthy shit.

And then, to make things even more annoying, I get bitched at for saying "Oh my God you guys, I'm so sick of fast food!" So they blow up at me, and my sister ends up stating that no one gives a shit about me and I can just starve to death. Um, okay? Would be better than listening to her whine 24/7.

I feel like I give up so much that I would rather have for them. I feel like I suffer in silence while they can yell and scream as they please. If I want to complain, to break down every once in awhile, I get told to shut up. I know we all care about each other, but why can't we get along better?

My sister is learning to drive, and she wants to drive EVERYWHERE, which pisses my mom off causing her to say that my sister cannot drive, which pisses my sister off, which pisses my mom off even more, and stressing me out like crazy. Such stupid problems effect all of us so much, and I'm so sick of it. The tension here, the constant yelling over such dumb things, it drives me crazy. I hate it so much, yet there's no stopping it. No matter what I do, my family always blows up. Every second of the day I fear that I'll anger my mom or my sister, so I walk on thin ice. Will asking a simple question get me bitched at? I know it sounds terrible, but sometimes I just can't wait until I'm able to move as far away from them as I can, even though I know I would miss them terribly.

I just needed to rant about this, I guess. I wish my family could get along perfectly... it would make things so much easier for all of us.

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Pelios Offline
on Pursuit of Happiness
Outside, huh?

Name: Andrea

Re: I could swear my family has no common sense. - June 27th 2009, 05:46 AM

Hello Amanda
I understand you, even though my family is not a big fan of fast food, my boyfriend is. He always wants to go eat fast food.
Then I found this website
Eat This, Not That - The No-Diet Weight Loss Solution From Men's Health

Everytime I go with him I try to order the healthy things.
Good luck with your family, remember they are forever..

Everyone is born right-handed. Only the greatest overcome it.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Renna Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Silje

Re: I could swear my family has no common sense. - June 27th 2009, 12:51 PM

Hey.
So, we're not in the same situation, but I do think I still know how you feel about your family.
I have the same feeling of wanting to get away from it all, but then there's the good times too, right. The ones when you realize you do love them.
I wish my family could get along too, but I guess families are the way they are, and some of them are quite dysfuntional in their own little ways...

Well, just, if you feel like talking or whatever, feel free to contact me =)

"All because of you
I believe in angels.
Not the kind with wings,
no, not the kind with halos"
  Send a message via MSN to Renna  
Closed Thread