TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
xxdesixxemii Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Rachana

friend (srry long) - June 26th 2009, 12:03 AM

no i have this "friend" and im kinda confused on her right now.. we have been friends for a while and it has always been her way or the highway in our friendship.. it always about her and that got me really mad. so the other she txted me and was like hey whats up and im like nothing u and shes nothing at my friends house and im like oh.. so ur not allowed to come to my house but u can go to hers.. she cant even come to my house to hangout.. and shes like well our parents have known eachother forever( i live 3 mins from her) and also i was at her house the other day and she fell asleep when i was at her house and everytime im there shes always on the computer.. and that gets kinda boring after awhile. and also the other day she got mad at me and im like wht did i do and she wouldnt tell me.. so later on that day i txted her and i was like where do u want me to send the pics ( from the last day of school) and shes like my email. so then she started talking to me.and i have been sick and shes like can u put up the pics and im like no bc im sick and she didnt even say anything..

so i guess wht im asking is, is she a real friend? and wht should i do?

My best friend emily has been really helpful but i just wanna know wht u guys think.

My best friend in the whole world is emily (a.k.a em[ily]). I can tell her everything and shes an amazingly AWSOMEEE person!! You all should get to know her :P
  Send a message via AIM to xxdesixxemii  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: friend (srry long) - June 27th 2009, 03:48 PM

Hi Rachana,

A friendship is something you both need to put some effort into, and it seems like you're finding that you're putting in a bit more than your friend is right now. Sometimes this happens, and friends can grow distant from it, but it's something that can easily be solved by talking through it.

I think you really need to tell your friend how you feel about what is happening. Let her know that you really like hanging out with her, but you'd like to do something other than watch her go on the computer and sit around. Give suggestions of places you could go or other things you could do. Try to find things out of the house.

It might be a good idea for your parents and your friend's parents to talk too. It seems unfair that you are allowed to go to your friend's house, but she's not allowed to go to yours. This isn't something you can work out on your own, so having your parents back you up and let her parents know that she is welcome over would be a good idea.

I think your friend is a real friend, but she should start putting more effort into the friendship. She probably doesn't even know you are feeling this way, so just talk through it and come up with some more ideas for what you could both do together.

Take care.

Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

(#3 (permalink)) Old
xxdesixxemii Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Rachana

Re: friend (srry long) - June 29th 2009, 06:37 PM

thank you (: that is some help (:

My best friend in the whole world is emily (a.k.a em[ily]). I can tell her everything and shes an amazingly AWSOMEEE person!! You all should get to know her :P
  Send a message via AIM to xxdesixxemii  
Closed Thread