TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives    The Holiday Resource

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Lady Stripey Offline
recovering cutter
Not a n00b

Name: Kitty

some of my closest friends, gone - June 26th 2009, 07:12 AM

this sounds almost pathetic. I know. I know I should base my life around the internet so much but this is how it is. I've been on a website, this RPG for say four years now, since I was like 12 years old and now I'm going on 17. I just don't know what to do. I am attached to that site and the people on it. I have loser friends there than in real life because I can be ME. No one is there, judging me based on appearance, on how I talk, on any of that. It all adds up to personality. I love my friends there, goodness knows I'd be lost without them. But see I logged on some ten minutes ago to find disaster had struck. A friend, a close friend on there of mine who we're gonna call Diana, lashed out as everyone I suppose. She yelled and cursed and told everyone she hated them and who knows what else seeing as I wasn't there... I know how hurtful those words can be, she said them to friends, close friends like me. Someone she's even closer to than me. I have no way to contact her now though. She deleted her account, locked her thread stating she quit, everything, just it's all gone. She can't contact me in any other way due to certain things in her life right now...I just don't know what to do

Now not only is she gone, but another friend that I still can't believe has quit do to this...is gone. She, who I suppose we can call Sandy...she quit because of the things Diana said. =/ I just don't understand.... I mean I do but ugh I need them. I don't know... and I'm worrying so much about Diana's friend Amber... she was being yelled at too during whatever set Diana off and I know how much she cares about Diana, almost like a mother and child thing -sighs- I don't even know why I'm typing this... I just need it out there. I don't know what to do

Send a message via Yahoo to Lady Stripey  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: some of my closest friends, gone - June 27th 2009, 04:54 PM

Hi Kitty,

Having friends online does not make them any less important. You've gotten to know these people for a long time, and you have every right to be feeling the way you are right now.

What I suggest you do is get the email addresses of the people still on the site and keep in contact with them that way as much as possible. Ask around and see if anyone else has Diana's email or Sandy's.

It could be that Diana was just feeling stressed out and she didn't actually mean what she said. Things might be going on in her life that she is having trouble dealing with right now. Give her some time to cool off. She may decide to come back.

Stay strong and keep close to the friends you still have on the site.

Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Haley Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Haley

Re: some of my closest friends, gone - June 28th 2009, 05:39 AM

I know how you feel. I also roleplay, and I've lost many close friends to me during it due to "needing a life" or whatever the excuses may be. In reality, though, these people are closer to me than any physical friend I've ever had, and it's so hard to let go. When you do, though, it's just like letting go of another friendship. It hurts for a while, and then it's just... Whatever. You know?
I suggest you make new ones.
Go on neopets.com and go to the roleplay boards. Sure, they have filters, but usually people find ways to get by them and send you to a new site. Advertise that you're looking for a new forum. People WILL come to you! It's very easy to make internet friendships, but just as easy to lose them.

Give me something to believe in
a breath from the breathing
so write it down
I don't think that I'll close my eyes
'cause lately I'm not dreaming
so what's the point in sleeping?
it's just that at night
I've got nowhere to hide.
  Send a message via AIM to Haley Send a message via MSN to Haley Send a message via Yahoo to Haley  
Closed Thread