TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Shanna

Never Wrong, Is She? - January 16th 2009, 11:21 PM

I have a friend that I've been close to since 5th grade. Now, I don't even know what to do with her. When she gets into relationships, she starts to act very odd. Like, to a point where you almost want to hate her. She gets too confident (to the point it's annoying), conceited, needy, and figures she can get everything she wants. Her boyfriend has pampered her and led her to believe she is always right, is the best at everything, and is the most beautiful girl in the world. That's good...whenever you don't let it go to your head. She now thinks her advice is the only advice that will work, and when she gave it to me last night I told her she was wrong. That did not go over well. She got mad at me, then ran to my boyfriend defending herself and trying to win him over to her side. Against me! She told him she had nothing to be sorry about and that I need to be apologizing. I told her simply that she was giving advice on the wrong matter. She tried to help my boyfriend on me, claiming she knew me more than anyone, even myself. Which is so not true. When I told her that she didn't get me right, she didn't like that, either. Now I'm finding that she's trash talking me to our friends, her boyfriend, her ex, and her family. I've found that she never apologizes to me. Never. Even when she's wrong, I apologize just to clear the tension. This time, even though my anger is over something very petty, I refuse to apologize. I'm so tired of having to because she believes she is never wrong. What should I do with her? This matter is driving me insane, and she won't even pick up the phone so I can talk to her. She won't even let me speak on MSN. When she sees she's wrong, she refuses to talk. So what should I do? Just end the friendship? Because really, ending the friendship would only leave her to do more trash talking about me in this small town.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
St.Vincent Offline
Edna
I've been here a while

Name: Edna

Re: Never Wrong, Is She? - January 17th 2009, 12:08 AM

You look like you need a break from your friend. It's hard to tell whether you need her out of your system completely or just temporary distance. Write her a letter when you're not angry (you're angry right now) and calmly explain HOW YOU are feeling about her behavior. I statements, not accusations, and then tell her that you guys need to have a serious talk, and probably some time off. Make it look like you're serious about trying to mend the relationship, but also about standing up for yourself.

I am waylaid by Beauty. Who will walk
Between me and the crying of the frogs?

(My PM box is always open.. if I can't help you, I'll find someone who can)

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Claire Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Claire

Re: Never Wrong, Is She? - January 17th 2009, 06:11 AM

Your friend sounds very immature. You need to stand up for yourself. The fact you apologise to her even when she is wrong shows that you are obviously a good friend and won't want to cause arguments, but she is going to think that she can get her own way forever. Stand up to her now and tell her she is wrong and until she applogises, you aren't going to say sorry. Lt her talk about you al over town, it won't be long before people all realise what shes like

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Shanna

Re: Never Wrong, Is She? - January 17th 2009, 01:26 PM

Thanks, you guys. I was beginning to think maybe I was in the wrong again. I left a couple of voicemails on her phone explaining how I felt since she won't pick the phone up. I think I'll just leave her alone and just not even talk to her anymore. That'll make her think.

Closed Thread