TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
lelala Offline
dead inside, to a black heart
Average Joe

Name: Ariella

Needs help - June 28th 2009, 07:12 AM

okay well my mom is really getting on my nerves. not just one of those, few days things. but few months things. i cant stand living with her anymore!!! she told me that she thinks that my boyfriend has a temper problem and that my bestfriend/sister(notbloodrelated) is a slut and that she cant trust her! so i defended both of them, and she keeps judging all of my friends. and then she goes ahead and buys me stuff while im at my friends house. idk what the fuck to do. sorry for cussing. but i cant stand living with her. and my best friend is in israel for a month. from the 15 of this month to july 15. and i want to stay at her house for like a week. but shes gone. andmy boyfriend is going away for a week and i wont have anyone to talk to. I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO. someone please HELPP
give me all the alternatives and advice that you can
AIM me= xxrawrarixx

can someone PLEASE respond to this thread
because im starting to feel ignored now...
and can anyone tell me how to delete a thread??

Last edited by lelala; June 28th 2009 at 07:59 AM. Reason: Multiple posts have been merged automatically.
  Send a message via Skype™ to lelala 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: HOLY SHIT IM PISSED>PEOPLE READ THIS - June 28th 2009, 04:08 PM

Hi Ariella,

I assure you that no one is ignoring you. Sometimes it takes a while to get responses on posts. If you are looking for immediate help and advice, LiveHelp and HelpLINK are good options that you may want to look into. Also, only moderators can delete threads, so if there is a problem, your best bet is to PM the moderator of the section you would like your post deleted in.

It's not right for your mom to be saying those things about your boyfriend and your friends, but it seems to be in a mom's nature to figure out who it is their daughter is spending time with. She may be coming off as overly judgmental to you right now, but try to see it from her eyes for a bit. Most likely, she is just concerned and worried about you. She isn't showing it in the best way, but sometimes people have trouble expressing concern.

I think you should really talk to your mom about this. Make sure it is at a time where you are both calm, and make sure that it stays as a conversation instead of turning into an argument. Just let her know that you don't like it when she says those things about your friends and that you would like her to give them a chance before judging them. Have her hear what you have to say, but also listen to what she has to say too.

Do you have another friend or family member you could stay with for a little while. If you feel that you need to spend some time out of the house to cool off for a bit, that's fine. You could even try a summer camp or something along those lines too.

In the meantime, try to stay calm. Your mom cares a lot about you, and what she has said doesn't warrant you leaving. If she says something you don't want to hear, then tell her that it upsets you and then ignore it.

Take care.

Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Em... Offline
smile; it looks good on you.
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: E

Re: HOLY SHIT IM PISSED>PEOPLE READ THIS - June 28th 2009, 08:56 PM

Hiya Ariella,

Let's just take a deep breath and let it out. First it's great that you've posted. It's not that people are ignoring you, it's just that some people can read it, but don't know how to respond to something like this, or they haven't seen it.

I understand that the way your mum is acting is making you frustrated. It's okay for you to feel this way because it's not right that she is saying these things. She is an adult, and she should know better, but we both know she doesn't obviously. It's definitely not right what she is saying about your bestfriend/sister.

However with the boyfriend situation, maybe there's something he did that made your mum think this way. Maybe she's just looking out for you. She's concerned and worried about this guy and your safety.

Ariella, try your best to talk to your mum about this. Tell her you find it hurtful when she says those things about the people you care about. Try to stay calm and don't turn it into an argument. If she starts yelling, as hard as it may be, remain civil and tell her to calm down too.

Things will I'm sure settle soon. Just hang in there. If it get's that bad you could probably stay with family or a friend for a week to refresh your head, clear it up a bit and help you relax.

In the most extreme case there is always emancipation, but I think your mum cares too much for you, to see you go so young. Ariella, just try. I'm sure things will blow over soon.

Take care of yourself. PM me anytime if you want to talk.

Closed Thread