TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Yh ItS mE xx Offline
Im so lost in yooh!
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jenny

arhh dont no wot to do ??? blown way out of proportion lol - June 29th 2009, 07:52 PM

Okayy so My best friends boyfriend went away on Friday n she told me that she wanted to see me this week cos he was away, anyway so she came round yesterday night to see me then a few hours later ma boyfriend came over to see me which is her brother. Then she deceided that she wanted to go out but he dint so she went home. (apparently they had a fight b4 she came ova so there was a bit of tention between um both).
About a hour later me and my boyfriend went out for half an hour to jus to see ma mum at work n then to the park for five mins to see ma sisters to see if they were ok.
I rang her today cos she sed she were gunna c me agen n she asked wot went off after she went so I told her thinking that she already knew cos her sis was at da park n I fort dat she wud and my boyfriend wud have told her. but they hadn't, so she got realli pissed off at me n now aint talking to me.
She sed to me that This is the only time she gets to see me ( cos she wont give up a fews hours away from her boyfriend to see me normally) n that I aint even see in her, She even sed to me that she's see in me cos she needs sumin to do to keep her occupied while he int here! grrr lol

N wen he comes bk everything will go bk to normal n she wont come hang out with me or talk to me cos he'll b bk n it really gets on mi nerves cos she expects me to jus drop everything else to c her wen its convinient for her,wen she dnt do that for me. I dnt mind sumtimes but she jus chucks it bk in my face! n then Wen I ask her to hang out normally wen her boyfriend is here she's like " arhh nah I aint comin out cos (we'll call him bob lol) bob mite txt me n he mite want to see me instead so I cnt"

So her Nan knows we went out n she had a great big go at my boyfriend- my best mates bro for it.
TBH I fink she's makin a big deal out of nuffin n its put me n ma bf in his n her nans bad books for nuffin.

Sorry for ranting n sorry its sooooo long. well done if you read it all lol. I'm jus soo confused lol

Anyone got any ideas on wot to do or say??
Thanks Jo xxx

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: arhh dont no wot to do ??? blown way out of proportion lol - July 2nd 2009, 07:28 PM

Hi Jo,

It really sucks when friends spend all of their time with their boyfriends and start neglecting their friends. I don't think it's very fair of her to use you as a second resort to keep herself occupied when her boyfriend isn't there. She should hang out with you because she wants to, not as a last option.

I think you really need to talk to your friend about this. Make it clear that you enjoy spending time with her, and that you would really appreciate if she took some time to hang out with you. Let her know that you are worried about her distancing herself when her boyfriend is there and that you would like it if you two could dedicate some time for hanging out just the two of you.

It seems like you've also had a bit of a misunderstanding with your friend. Next time it would probably be better if you let her know what happened after she left instead of assuming she would figure it out from other people. Being open in a friendship is important and helps get rid of this small disputes.

I hope you can get everything sorted out with your friend.

Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

(#3 (permalink)) Old
xJox Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jen Jen

Re: arhh dont no wot to do ??? blown way out of proportion lol - July 3rd 2009, 07:37 PM

Heya thanks for replying, I decided to talk to her and we sorted it out kinda lol. Guess time will only tell thanks alot xxx
  Send a message via MSN to xJox  
Closed Thread