TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
JefferyShin Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Parents going through divorce; Midlife Crisis - June 29th 2009, 11:53 PM

Hello, my mom and my dad went through a divorce a few weeks ago.
It's not complete yet, because we need to sell the house and the business to split assets.

They've been married for 25 years, and the reason for the divorce is complicated. However, one of the big factors in divorce is that my mom has a 95% chance of getting diagnosed with Ovarian Cancer.

My sister(19) and I (15m) have decided to live with my mom.

Up until a few days ago, my mom has been feeling very down, and rarely talks. I'm thinking its midlife crisis. Right now at this moment in which I'm writing, she's on the phone with her sister, and she's crying.

What do I do?
The house just feels so quiet and empty...

Thanks in advance.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
live.laugh.love
Regular TeenHelper

Name: cassieee.

Re: Parents going through divorce; Midlife Crisis - June 30th 2009, 02:05 AM

well your mom is def. going through a lot right now, i'm sure ending a marriage after 25 years was pretty hard on her and the fact that she possibly has ovarian cancer makes it even worse. so that could be easily why she has been feeling down!

talk to your mom and support her through this cruical time in her life. she needs to know that people care/love her. talking out her feelings would also help, so try to keep the communcation strong! watch out and make sure she's okay for awhile!

good luck.

when life is in discord; praise ye the Lord

keep your faith alive.
we're not alone <3

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: Parents going through divorce; Midlife Crisis - June 30th 2009, 06:51 PM

Hi Jeffery,

A divorce is always a really difficult time for a family, but the important thing is to stick together and talk through it. It sounds like your mom really needs to be reminded about how much her children support her and care about her.

If the house is feeling lonely and quiet for you, chances are it feels the same for your mom. Maybe try getting her out of the house and going for a walk. Some fresh air would probably do both of you some good, and it would give you a chance to talk to your mom and find out how she's feeling and why she is so down.

Sometimes it's hard to talk about these things, and if she doesn't feel like opening up, try not to press her. Spend time with her, go for walks, help her around the house, and try to get her involved in some kind of activity. Actions do speak louder than words.

Your mom is really lucky to have you. Stay strong and stick together.

If you ever need to talk, please feel free to message me at any time.
Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

Closed Thread