TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
lilliesnbees Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Exclamation I HATE MY PARENTS. - July 1st 2009, 05:36 AM

umm so this is just venting and what not, feel free to vent along.
so i am SO fed up with my stupid parents and heres why.
they continually tell me that they work so hard and long to support me and i know you are probably thinking im just a spoilt brat but i work hard too. im asian and i work hard in school, take advanced classes and work my ass off to get good grades and to get recognition. however, i dont get any damn respect at home. im a nervous, awkward, perfectionist freak and my parents are to blame for molding me that way. they always are expect too much from me, yet when i hold up to their expectations they give me some bullshit....several examples.
- i gott an 1800, the first time i took the preSATS in sophmore year, and my father quoted sarcastically " you could be president, that probably how pres. bush scored"
- they continuously are forboding on me that certain colleges are bad, knowing tha i will probably be attending that college and saying "only dumb people go there"
-i got 2nd place in a math competition and they keep making me regret that i didnt get first.
-they think that anyother job that is not "doctor" is a bullshit job. they dont care about what i want to do, they just want to show off to their ugly ass stuck up friends that their children are doctors.

and so it's summer, and i feel like i am damn worthy of a little relax time. and my parents keep telling bullshit like they work so hard and all im doing is sleeping at home. WELL thats LOAD OF SHIT cause during the school year while they slept at 9, i was studying my ass off till 1 am for ap calc, english, biology, etc tests!!!! (however, because of the way they have molded me, i feel like i want to study but since they are pissing me off and nagging about it so god damn much i dont want to study because i spite them) im sooo fucking tired of them thinking that they deserve more dedication from me, because frankly they should have had another child if they weren't going to take the responsibilities. i have never asked for them to buy me clothes or take me to the movies or shit like that, i just eat and sleep where and what they provide me. ohh yeah and they compare me to my brother who is being such a "cliche good son" and in medical school right now....IM TIRED OF ALL MY MOMS BITCHING ABOUT PROVIDING AND SUPPORTING ME....i wouldnt be half as pissed off if she gave me some dignity and respectfully asked me to study extra or help her around the house.....but NOOOOO. i HAVE to do this because she works SOOooOOOo hard to provide for me.....bullshit.. you probably didnt read all that but im pissed off

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Katrina Offline
you only live once.
I can't get enough

Name: Katrina

Re: I HATE MY PARENTS. - July 1st 2009, 02:11 PM

Hiya.

Ah, your frustration definitely shows in your post. I'm glad you're venting, though. Venting and releasing our emotions is ten times better than keeping them bottled up inside.

If you're working hard, that's great and you should be very proud of yourself, regardless of whether or not your parents are. I think it's silly that they're mad at you for not getting first in the math competition rather than pleased at you for getting second. You realize, though, I suppose, that they're only trying to get you to be the best you can be. Just take everything with a grain of salt and live your life for you, not for your parents.

I think you need to get out of the house every once in a while, to be honest, because it almost seems like you're mentally suffocating there. Have you ever considered getting a job doing something you love? That way, you can be more independent and they probably won't be on your case as much. Just a thought.

PS: I read it all. Best of luck with everything.

Send a message via MSN to Katrina  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Lorelei Offline
Resident Nerd
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Laura

Re: I HATE MY PARENTS. - July 1st 2009, 04:47 PM

Hey there, welcome to TH.

Everything Katrina wrote is completely true. You need to live your life for you and no one else. If you want to study, then study. You don't need to stop studying out of spite; work hard at school because it's best for you. When you move out, you can do whatever you want with your life, and more options will be open to you if you work hard now.

Until then, keep venting on here as much as you want. It's healthy!

P.S. Bush's overall SAT score was 1206.

"How dare I? Because it is the truth." -Jane Eyre

"You do what you love, and f#%* the rest." -Little Miss Sunshine

Closed Thread