TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
rockstar29 Offline
Not a n00b

Unhappy i lost my best friend. - July 1st 2009, 06:56 PM

ok so i met her through my other friend one year during christmas break.....this was christmas break of my sophomore year. im going into my senior year now. we got so close and started calling eachother sisters. and we sorta made a family out of it. things were great for a long time. we both helped eachother. my older sister and her became good friends too. but apparently she thinks we got too close and started ignoring me. she stopped texting me all together. she called me a psychotic baby. i hav to admit i can be a bit whiney and annoying. but i still want my best friend back. idk what to do. i miss her so much and to think of life without her is just unthinkable. i feel like im gonna commit suicide if i dnt get her back. im crying as im writing this. and i just wish she would come to her senses and want to be my friend again. idk what i did wrong. she just got so mad one day. i didnt even kno she was mad. then i find out through one of my other friends that shes hated me since like last year. but this whole year shes been acting like my friend. so i dnt see why she would say that. ughhh i cnt believe i was so stupid to believe we were friends. i thought i had one true friend but i guess i was wrong. *crys*

Last edited by rockstar29; July 1st 2009 at 10:22 PM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
floatingangel Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: my used to be best friend/support system hates me - July 2nd 2009, 12:12 PM

hey hun, i know that you really cherish this friendship, so take a step back and look at it k? do you know why she's acting this way? maybe she feels that you're being clingy and that's why she feels like you're "too close"? you can keep guessing but you'll never know how she feels about things unless you ask her. do ask her and tell her that you will not freak out no matter how honest she is, and mean what you say. a friendship has to be based on understanding or else it'll just lead to a lot of miscommunication. but if she really hates you, then tell her that she should have the courage to say it to your face. if she does say that, do know that she's not your friend and you can do better without a friend like her. so don't hurt yourself over someone who will definitely not be your only chance at true friendship in your life. rmb also then to put down this relationship and find new friends, and i'm sure you will.. (:
take care!

and the voice of truth tells me a different story
the voice of truth says "do not be afraid"

(#3 (permalink)) Old
rockstar29 Offline
Not a n00b

Re: my used to be best friend/support system hates me - July 3rd 2009, 04:28 AM

i used to ask her what she honestly really thought of me. she said that at times im annoying and clingy but im free spirited and fun and her biffle (best friend) i really dont think that was a lie.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: my used to be best friend/support system hates me - July 4th 2009, 08:19 AM

Hey there,

Do you think that she could be going through a rough time at the moment and could be taking it out on you? Maybe she feels she got too close to you and is kind of afraid of that.

I think right now the best thing to do is to give her a little break and maybe in a week or two try talking to her again; it never helps to bug someone, you know? Let her calm down and maybe things will work out.

I don't know what else to say though because you can not force someone to be your friend and as much as you might want her back if she is not happy in the relationship, in the end, you would not be happy either.

Please hang in there because things will be okay no matter what the outcome; don't hurt yourself because there will be more friends to come.

If you ever need someone to talk to feel free to pm me.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Closed Thread