TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Jessielove Offline
Happily In Love. <3
Average Joe

Name: Jessie

He's still a liar and a fake. - July 3rd 2009, 08:14 AM

I use to get along with my best friend...okay. We fell apart after he did some horrible things to me, but we always stayed close, like super close. I've known him for almost a year and he knows me better then anyone else. I was and still in love with him, that's how he hurt me. He used me and lead me on to get over an ex. I never got over it or forgave him, he was my first love and my first kiss. He's been dating this girl for about less then six months, but she controls him. We've had huge fights about him because he keeps making promises, but breaking them for her. Like, we planned to go to Warped Tour this year since the day we first met. So, I got the tickets for me and him, I texted him when I got them and he said he had to ask his girlfriend. I then refused to take him if he has to ask some girl to hang out with his best friend. He's been the cause of a lot of my problems...or the ones that came back. I'm getting kind of sick of it. I've always put so much into this friendship and he NEVER did. The only reason I'm up at 3:15 AM is because he promised to call tonight...but he isn't. I'm sick of the lying, the fighting, the asking the girlfriend to hang out with someone he's known way longer then her and who he claims is his best friend, it's just not worth it. He is coming to Warped Tour with me now because I gave in, but I kind of want that to be the last thing I ever do with him. He's been my support system, but for the problems he didn't cause. I just found out my girlfriend is coming up the week of Warped Tour and coming with us, so telling him the friendship is over then may not be the best. I don't know what to do.

When you fall, don't always expect someone to pick you up. Do it yourself, you're stronger then you think. Brush yourself off and keep your head high.

"She loves me, she loves me not, despite the fact I smell like pot, I write this poem to you Jessie, are you my lady love to be?" -
sphynx

Send a message via AIM to Jessielove Send a message via Skype™ to Jessielove 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
blackrose
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Mags

Re: He's still a liar and a fake. - July 3rd 2009, 11:12 AM

Heya Jesse.

Im really sorry that your best friend is taking you for granted, and there is no excuse for that. He should be putting in as much to the friendship as you are. As for him using you in the past, that was unforgivable and I dont blame you for not being able to put it in the past. It seems this boy has hurt you in alot more ways then one. Its great that ye are going to the warped tour together, maybe that might give ye a chance to get back on track. and I must say here that I am exteremly jeleous of you going to the warped tour, I've always wanted to go. Anyway, maybe that week together will give ye a chance to talk?
Maybe you should tell him all of this and see what he does, see if he changes and starts acting more like a friend should and if he doesnt, well see what to do then maybe.

If you want to talk more, PM me.

Mags
xx

The lord says 'before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born, I set you apart'

Jeremiah 1.5

Just keep swimming swimming swimming - Dory from finding Nemo!!

Hold your head high princess, for tomorrow is another day.

You can do tonight without the help of a blade and wake in the morning with the feeling of accomplishment

PM me anytime, I am always here to be a shoulder to cry on, an ear to hear whats bothering you and words to make you see the hope

A
<3
  Send a message via MSN to x-x-xblackx-x-xrosex-x-x  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
savealife723 Offline
i live. i laugh. i love.
I've been here a while

Re: He's still a liar and a fake. - July 3rd 2009, 08:59 PM

You're friend is just caught up in a relationship. If she is so controlling, you should definitely tell him that he can do better, and not being rude, but coming from a best friend. i'm sure he still finds you two very close. He just needs to think of who he would rather lose; a BEST friend, or a girlfriend that might not last.

good luck,
and best wishes. (:

When you can't find your way home,
and when life gets too hard to face on your own.
I will stand as a light through the darkness unknown,
I will walk with you, so you're never alone.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: He's still a liar and a fake. - July 4th 2009, 07:31 AM

Hey there,

I am so sorry that all this has happened to you. It does sound like your friend has kind od taken advantage of you and that is not acceptable at all.

I was wondering if you talked to him about it though? Did you ever tell him "Hey, I feel like you have been taking advantage of me for a long time and it sucks and makes me feel like crap?" Because if not maybe you should. I know that probably sounds scary but it might really help the situation out; it might put some things into perspective for him and he might start treating you a little better.

If, however, you talk to him and that doesn't work than taking a break from the relationship is probably a good idea. I know that would suck and hurt but it sounds as though the relationship in general is hurting you as well and no matter what your well-being is the first priority.

I definitely agree that he is caught up in this new relationship he is in and maybe talking to him about that in a non-argumentative way would be a good idea as well.

Hang in there and things will be okay.

If you need someone to talk to my pm box is always open.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Closed Thread