TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ThisIsMe Offline
Common sense ain't common
Not a n00b

i really dont know why - July 3rd 2009, 09:41 AM

well... where do i begin?
well im grounded for the rest of the summer, no cpu, no phone, no tv, no music, no sunlight.
yes i am "illegally" usuing the cpu, or thats how my mother would put it.
i stole her power cord.
but i just snuck out to go walk and she knows i got out almost every night. because sometimes she'll come out and say be careful.
but no. not tonight. because i was just sitting in the park minding my own buisness then she texted me and said "you better get your ass home or im calling the cops,". and so i ran home and i was on the back porch knocking because the door was locked and so she just looked at me and walked away. so that was at two now its 440 and i just got it and started typing this.
idk this was a waste of time. i dont even kno why i started sobbing.but i cant stop. so i guess ill just cry myself asleep. again.

In this world of hate there has to be a light Be that light and spread some love Maybe this day the youth can make a difference, No more hate.
-Christofer Drew

days since i last SHed.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Skeleton Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Charlie

Re: i really dont know why - July 3rd 2009, 09:56 AM

I'm sorry to hear that, I think it was uncalled for that she didn't let you in when she asked for you to come back and wouldn't let you in which is the opposite of what she wants according to what you've said.

Just don't let it get to you, it's easier said then done but you don't deserve to be made to feel upset or to be made to cry, you deserve to be happy even if you make yourself happy so do something that you're allowed to cheer yourself up, make the most of the time that your grounded, get a new hobby or something so that you won't be bored and don't hurt yourself, in anyway. I'm here if you need anyone x

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Gidig Offline
Optimistic pessimist
I can't get enough

Name: Maria

Re: i really dont know why - July 3rd 2009, 07:11 PM

Hey,

I'm really sorry that you're going through this. It sounds like a hard situation for you, and possibly your mom too, as she seems like she's at a loss about what to do.

I would suggest speaking to her about it, and just telling her how you feel. See how that works, and see where to take things from there.

I think this is better suited in Friends and Family, if anyone disagrees, let me know and we can move it back. ^_^

Good luck!
Maria.

The best wayout is always through~
-Robert Frost

Proud member of the LGBT community.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: i really dont know why - July 4th 2009, 08:05 AM

Hey there,

I think that that sounds pretty harsh; do you think when your mom starts to cool down that you two can talk a little bit more civally? I know it isn't completely fair but any parent would be quite frightened to wake up at 2 and see their child gone maybe once she realized she acted so irrationally she will lessen the 'sentence' or something.

Hang in there and I hope you will be able to find something to do for the rest of the summer maybe you could talk your mom into letting you go to the library or something? What parent could turn down reading?

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Closed Thread