TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
mermaidia Offline
Raging Bitch & Kind Stranger
Welcome me, I'm new!

My friend is going to run away (HELP!) - July 6th 2009, 10:03 PM

I am BEGGING for help.

My best friend since like third grade is going to run away to Idaho (we are both from Seattle, Washington). She's 17, and I guess she has decided she cannot wait until her 18th birthday (which is in October) to move away from home.

Last night, she told me that she is going to run away to Idaho in two weeks, to be with her boyfriend... and she's not planning on coming back.

So, here's a bit of the backstory:
My friend absolutely hates her family, for a reason I cannot explain. I know her family very well. They are the nicest, most supporting people I could ever imagine. I would kill to have parents like hers. But she just hates them.

She had a boyfriend who is 22. Her parents did not approve (and neither did I!). He bought her cigarettes, alcohol, etc. Her parents made her break up with him (this was two months ago).

Well, her boyfriend moved to Idaho, to be with his mom, because his sorry ass can't hold a job and he would be on the streets if he didn't move in with his mom.

My friend is convinced that she is in love with him, so she told me she is going to run away and be with him. No one but my friend knows where this guy lives, so there is no way we could find her, if she really does go through with this. She won't tell me where he lives, only that he lives in Idaho.

She made me promise to not tell anyone, but, I will break that promise, if need be.

What should I do? I love my best friend. She means everything to me. I want her to be happy, but her boyfriend is a horrible influence, he got her to do drugs and drink. I also love my friend's family; they are like a second family to me. I know they don't want to lose their daughter.
I... I need help!

I'd move to Rockferry tomorrow
And I'd build my house, baby,
With sorrow

(#2 (permalink)) Old
live.laugh.love
Regular TeenHelper

Name: cassieee.

Re: My friend is going to run away (HELP!) - July 6th 2009, 10:15 PM

Hey,

I think you need to have a talk with her and tell her why he is a bad influence, why she shouldn't do this, etc. Honestly, if she thinks she is in love, there's no telling what she will do. I have a similer problem with a friend of mine, thankfully we found her. If she refuses to listen, then I think you should talk to her mom and dad. It seems like you said her parents are nice and I'm sure they'll talk to her. She might be mad at you BUT you have to think, what's more important, her safety or her being mad.

I hope everything works out, you can always PM me if you want to talk <3

when life is in discord; praise ye the Lord

keep your faith alive.
we're not alone <3

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Moyshi Offline
i am jack's smirking revenge
I've been here a while

Re: My friend is going to run away (HELP!) - July 7th 2009, 02:51 PM

Hey there,
Like Cassie said before me, you should really sit down and talk to her. What she's about to do isn't safe for her at all, and everyone will worry about her. This guy does not seem to be good for her, but i'm going to guess that she can't see any of his flaws right now. Talk to her, and tell her about how you feel about this. It was unfair for her to make you promise not to tell anyone because that's not right. I'm glad you realize you will break that promise if it comes down to it. It's alot better than having her leave and no one ever getting into contact with her again. Good luck with everything, hopefully it all goes okay.

A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
relient k rocks Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: savvy

Re: My friend is going to run away (HELP!) - July 8th 2009, 11:23 PM

Like other people posted, try talking to her. If you can't seem to get through to her, I'd try talking to her parents. Tell them how concerned you are. Even if your friend somehow finds out and gets mad, you did the right thing, and I'm sure she'll forgive you later on.

Good Luck, you're in my prayers.

Closed Thread