TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
angelafwks Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Nudist Brother - July 8th 2009, 10:15 AM

Last night my mom was out and my brother came downstairs in just a towel, he made some small talk and then asked if I was bothered about nudity. I laughed and ask why, he said he was a nudist and wanted to try it out more at home. He then asked if I was bothered if he was naked now, again I laughed and said if you want, he took his towel off and stood in front of me and asked if it was ok, I told him he was mad but whatever. He seemed pleased but told me to keep it between us, for now.
After he shower he came down again naked and sat and watched some TV, just before my mom was due home he got up , and said it was cool he could relax in front of me, although he was a bit to relaxed as he had a bit of an erection.
I didn't say anything but I'm not sure if I should if it happens again. I'm sure it was nothing sexual just him being relaxed but he is 20yrs and should have some control if he is going to do this a lot.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Deadpool Offline
Yip yip

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Cara

Re: Nudist Brother - July 8th 2009, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelafwks View Post
Last night my mom was out and my brother came downstairs in just a towel, he made some small talk and then asked if I was bothered about nudity. I laughed and ask why, he said he was a nudist and wanted to try it out more at home. He then asked if I was bothered if he was naked now, again I laughed and said if you want, he took his towel off and stood in front of me and asked if it was ok, I told him he was mad but whatever. He seemed pleased but told me to keep it between us, for now.
After he shower he came down again naked and sat and watched some TV, just before my mom was due home he got up , and said it was cool he could relax in front of me, although he was a bit to relaxed as he had a bit of an erection.
I didn't say anything but I'm not sure if I should if it happens again. I'm sure it was nothing sexual just him being relaxed but he is 20yrs and should have some control if he is going to do this a lot.
Maybe he just felt a bit turned on that he was walking around naked, lots of people get off on that. Or maybe there was an attractive girl on tv or something like that. Or maybe it was just one of those random things. I'd say just forget about it for now and then maybe if it keeps happening ask him about it.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Skeleton Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Charlie

Re: Nudist Brother - July 8th 2009, 11:55 AM

I agree, it could have been arousal from what he was doing or someone on the TV, or just simply happening randomly. If it makes you feel really uncomfortable when it happens then I would talk to him about it and see what he says otherwise I'd just ignore it

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: Nudist Brother - July 8th 2009, 03:01 PM

Hello there,

I think that what your brother does is his own decision, however, if he is doing it in your parents' house, then they should be aware of it. I think it is great when people are able to express themselves and have the support from their family, but this is something your whole family really should be aware of.

It would be a good idea to talk to your brother about this and tell him to tell your parents' about it. Let him know that you are understanding about it, but you think it would be more appropriate if your parents' knew as well. If he is so comfortable with this around you, then he should be comfortable with it around his parents as well.

If he keeps doing this in front of only you and does not talk to your parents about it, then I think you need to talk to your parents yourself.

As for him getting an erection, try not to let it bother you too much. It happens and it is completely natural. Like Cara said, it could be because of what he saw on television or something.

Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

(#5 (permalink)) Old
angelafwks Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

July 9th 2009, 10:02 AM

As he was naked again last night, I asked him about if he intended ever doing it in front of our mom, which he said he would but needed to be sure she would be OK about it. And thought if I was OK then she might not be quite so bothered, which does make sense. He also mentioned his semi erection which he was embarrassed about but said just happened and he left the room before it got to 'bad'. I told him I didn't have a problem with him being naked but thought he should control his excitment which he agreed saying he never thought that would happen, as it was scary being naked in front of me the first time but he was more relaxed last night. He says he will mention it to mom in a few weeks time once he is more into the idea, and asked me to back him up, which I'll do as he really wants to do it.

Just to update the situation, my brother has continued his nudism around the house and is planning on telling mom at he weekend. There haven't been anymore 'accidents' and in many ways we get on better because we talk alot more than we used to and he seems to treat me more on an equal and grown up level. His being naked isn't a problem, in fact I hardly think about it, as it is so natural and if we have any more good weather I might even consider sunbathing topless even if my brother is home.

Last edited by Gaia; July 27th 2009 at 12:21 PM. Reason: double post

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Zoombini80 Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Nudist Brother - July 17th 2009, 10:55 PM

That's kind of weird but nothing wrong with it. Also, it is EASY to get an erection and there isn't much control over it. He didn't even have to have ben aroused by ANYTHING, it just can happen for no reason. It varies from person to person but gets better with age.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
angelafwks Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Nudist Brother - July 20th 2009, 11:54 AM

It doesn't seem to be a problem now, he hasn't had an erection since the 1st night. This weekend he told mom how he'd like to be naked around the house. We had a discussion about it and I explained how I wasn't bothered and had already seen him like it. She made him agree to not do it around any guests or visitors to the house and sit on a towel when downstairs. When he did eventually come downstairs and be naked in front of mom for the first time he was a bit embarassed cus he was red in the face, but mom just joked that he wasn't her little boy anymore and then things just carried on as normal. He said to me later it was more scary than he thought it would be at first but was glad things were OK. Mom told me she found it an interesting situation for the first couple of minutes but was embarassed or bothered seeing him naked, especially when I agree it wasn't that bigger deal see him nude.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
lilangel! Offline
Speeding through life
Average Joe

Name: Hannah

Re: Nudist Brother - July 20th 2009, 03:03 PM

its good that he feels confortable enough to do this in front of you both. it shows how much he trusts you both. and at least there havent been anymore "accidents" since the 1st time haha. its also good that you feel confortable enough to possibly sunbathe topless with him around. just make sure you dont have any nosy neighbours peeking over fences
i really admire you guys for being true to yourselves
Hannah x

"He who does not weep, does not see" - Les Miserables.

keep reaching and living your lives. you are who you are.

PM me whenever and ill do my best to help!

Im here if you ever need anyone to talk to or to have someone to listen to you

(#9 (permalink)) Old
angelafwks Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Nudist Brother - July 27th 2009, 09:41 AM

Another week on and my brother's nudity is no longer the novelty in the house for me and my mom. I wondered at first if I would really get used to seeing him naked, but it really isn't a big issue now, so much so I have gone topless in front of him and my mother when I'm upstairs or coming from the bathroom. He has been supportive without making me feel embarassed, while my mom hasn't really said anything other than the other day I was going outside to sunbathe and she said I'd freeze which was sort of true as I only last an hour before the sun disappeared for the rest of the day. I guess that going completely naked is something I would never have thought of doing earlier in the year but now I am seriously considering doing it, as I already enjoy doing it in my bedroom some evenings, and I also don't think I have nothing anything to be embarassed about from my Mom or Brother.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
lilangel! Offline
Speeding through life
Average Joe

Name: Hannah

Re: Nudist Brother - July 27th 2009, 07:54 PM

cool!! im glad youve sorted out the initial embarrasment and are able to be "free" with yourselves lol. it shows just how close of a family you are and i think thats great.
i hope the sun comes out a bit more for you!!!!!
enjoy!
Hannah X

"He who does not weep, does not see" - Les Miserables.

keep reaching and living your lives. you are who you are.

PM me whenever and ill do my best to help!

Im here if you ever need anyone to talk to or to have someone to listen to you

Closed Thread