TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
just-me Offline
Hiding In this shadow
Not a n00b

what should i do - July 11th 2009, 03:12 AM

im really worried, my dads gf had a car accident on thursday and is in induced acoma has a drain on her brain, fractured face, vertibrae and wrist.
im shattered and i am the only one out the four of us kids who has really just accepted it and moved on and welcomed this lady into my life. honestly she is really nice and everything. but the other two atleast dont see that in her i dont know about my older brother.
im upset but i cant show it at home, they will just be like u shouldnt be upset u barely no her. thing is i do, we have worked together for my fathers 50th bday pressi, gone camping, with my dad and her kids of course but still.
im really upset and i dont know wat to do.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
dancer Offline
love, anonymous
I've been here a while

Re: what should i do - July 11th 2009, 05:45 AM

Hey there,

*hugs*

I'm really sorry to hear about what happened, hun. You have a right to be able to show how you're feeling and have your family accept that. People cry when they see things that happen on the news, it definitely makes sense for you to feel how you do about your dad's girlfriend. Could you talk to your dad about how you're feeling? Let him know that she's important to you, too? And if the rest of your family comments on your showing how you feel, maybe try telling that even if you did only "barely" know her, you do still know her, and that she's become an important part in your life, and as someone who's important in theirs, you need your family's support through what's going on, too.

And we're always here, if you ever need to talk about anything.

Hang in there.

Drown in the music,
dance in the rain,
block out the thunder,
and let the scars fade.

Closed Thread