TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives    The Holiday Resource

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Hey Nikki! Offline
Junior TeenHelper

My friend...(again) - July 12th 2009, 04:56 AM

I made a topic just like this about 3 weeks ago titled 'My friend is so mean...' And I'm going to recap about what's been happening since then...

First, my friend and I got in a huge fight...she threatened to beat me up if I told her mom that she smoked. Also, she had her supposed bf with her, and he said/did some...inappropriate things as well...

Eventually, I blew up at her and tried to hit her- I smacked her face, and she hit me a few times in the leg, but it didn't really hurt. What DID hurt was that she said I was 'too innocent, and that too-innocent people like me will never get any from a guy.'

I cried, of course, and she just walks away, laughing with her bf. Didn't even feel remorse. She's never been known to show emotions or let my cry on her shoulder- she wants to be 'tough' like her mom...I'm not like that. I'm really sympathetic and I look before I leap.

On July 4th, my friend apologized and I forgave her, but now I'm regretting that I did. She talked to me for a week, but like always, she tags along with guy friends, and she constantly ditches me for guys. I feel like the third wheel, so I try to avoid her. I hate feeling like that, you know? She's been playing this game since high school started. Not to mention she has a texting problem.

When she asks me why I avoid her, I explain that I feel left out when she's with someone else, and she just says 'whatever...'

We are opposites, really...when I talk to guys, I try to make them laugh. It's been working for about 2 years now, and I have a...slap-stick sense of humor. My friend relies on flirty humor- and of course guys always talk to her. She's not exactly 'pretty', but more 'developed' than anything...not that I'm jealous, heh...she thinks I'm too preppy, but I act nothing like that.

I have other friends that are reserved like me, and even my sister says I should get away from this current friend (the one I'm complaining about now) because she will get me into a bad situation with the wrong kind of guys as we get older...

I'm confused. What do I do now?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
AshtrayHeart Offline
Human Wreckage
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Jess.

Re: My friend...(again) - July 12th 2009, 01:48 PM

Honestly this is just my opinion but I agree with your sister you should get away from her, you don't deserve a friend that's going to treat you so badly and like that. Nothing she says is true. Just be yourself and the people who love you the way you are are worth sticking with, like you said you have friends who are like you? and you probably get on better so hang out with them instead, I would.
What she said about you being to innocent, that's rubbish. Your more likely to find a guy that you'll have a long happy relationship with and I think that's alot better than having four different guys in two months and all them wanting is sex, don't feel pressured by her or anything, just be yourself and you'll find someone.
But yes I agree you should get away from her, no one deserves to be treated like that and she's playing with you. Don't deserve a nice friend like you.
PM me anytime and I'll be happy to talk

'Cause there's no pride to be found when you follow sheep around..

<3 15/3/09 <3
11 months, I love you.
  Send a message via MSN to AshtrayHeart  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
angelafwks Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: My friend...(again) - July 14th 2009, 11:08 AM

You should have less and less to do with her, if she was a true friend she would have stopped being so horrid. You certainly shouldn't start being flirty with guys just because she does. Be yourself you obviously interest guys but hopefully the right types that aren't ultimately after a 'quick lay'. Maybe one day she will want to be friends again when she realises that she was being an idiot. But let her to the apoligsing you have nothing to answer for and would be best suited to moving on.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Hey Nikki! Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: My friend...(again) - July 14th 2009, 05:41 PM

I keep falling for her apologies. She always says 'I was dumb, I'm sorry, and I'll never act like that again.'

Actually, the same day she apologized, she treated me as third wheel why she hung out with these 2 dangerous-looking guys...

I haven't talked to her in a week. But, now she's asking me to go to some downtown convention, and my gullible mother wants me to go...

The last time my friend went, she hooked up with this guy at a rave party around midnight, and when he went over her house the next week, he used her for...you know...and she was almost raped.

Closed Thread