TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
zacksphere Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Pls Help! - July 16th 2009, 11:03 PM

hey...
im a 19 yr old boy...
i was just browsin thru the net and found this forum....
Now the problem i have is this...

my dad,lately has stated using the net a lot...this was normal at first...but now he spends more time on his laptop than in his office...

This was weird to me...thoughts of him cheating on my mom came...but then i never thot deeply into it...as i think my dad as my role model...coz he is educated and successfull...
A couple of days back...i saw my dad had slept on the bed with the laptop switched on....as i was switching it off i saw the messenger was open....so i was just curious to noe with whom he chats....to my surprise that was a completely new id....i never heard about it from my dad.....then i went to archive of messeges...and there was something more shocking....
my dad's chatting messages with a girl...and i saw him using "mwaahs.."and that girl rote him.."a big kiss from me to make u feel beter..."....
now...im really confused.....is my dad cheating on my mom or is it just a casual online friendship....if he is cheating....then wat should i do....and if he is not then wat are the messages all about.....pls help me...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
sphynx Offline
A Work In Progress
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Claire

Re: Pls Help! - July 16th 2009, 11:58 PM

I felt that this would be better suited in Friends and Family.

I don't have time to respond to this post at the moment, but I would like to try and come back to it later. Hang in there.

xo Claire

Clean since 01.08.09
  Send a message via MSN to sphynx  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
savealife723 Offline
i live. i laugh. i love.
I've been here a while

Re: Pls Help! - July 17th 2009, 12:11 AM

I'm not quite sure if it is cheating, or friendship, but it sounds like a little more then friendship. I think your dad would be really mad to know you went through his computer, so it might not be a good idea to talk to him about it. i'm really not sure what you should do.

but i wish you luck.
(=

When you can't find your way home,
and when life gets too hard to face on your own.
I will stand as a light through the darkness unknown,
I will walk with you, so you're never alone.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
zacksphere Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Pls Help! - July 17th 2009, 12:17 AM

hmm...
may b ur rite...i shouldnt b talking to him about this...

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: Pls Help! - July 17th 2009, 02:16 AM

Hi Zack,

I really think that this is something you should clear up with your dad. I understand that it is easy to jump to conclusions, but I still think you should take some time to think about what was said between your dad and this person online and ask him about it.

It's important to give people personal space online and on their computers, so don't be surprised if your dad is a bit upset that you looked through his messages, but if there was something he didn't want read, then he should have shut it down properly. Tell him how you came across the messages and what kind of relationship he had with this person online. Let your dad know that friendships are fine, but you would be really worried if there was anything else going on.

Keeping an honest relationship with your dad is a good idea, especially when you look up to him. Ease your worries and talk to him.

Take care.
Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

(#6 (permalink)) Old
zacksphere Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Pls Help! - July 17th 2009, 10:52 AM

hey nat,
thanks for replyin...yeah i would talk to him in good time as he knows that some one messed with his computer(i deleted the history,after checking the messages)..
so he would be really pissed at me..
But I will talk to him soon...
thanks for the advice
-Zacksphere

Closed Thread