TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Tomb Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Parents didn't buy me a present, except for all my siblings. Even though i paid 1.5kfor their bill - July 18th 2009, 05:20 AM

I am really really upset at my parents. I mean really really really disappointed. My parents left to toronto, Canada on vacation... they told me I have cut the grass, do some administrative task for his job, and to cook my sister who is 17 years old supper everyday. And later on I have to pay 1545 dollars on a stupid repair bill that he could make because he was away...

They came home. And said "We are home!"

So my sisters went in first... then They gave away gifts and I didnt get one?? What gives. One of my sisters who was "sleeping" at her boyfriends house wasn't home and she rarely sleeps at my house but at her bf.

Reasons?
They must have forgot??? I didn't do anything wrong!

WTF. I am really sad because of this. I dont mind if I get somthing worth 5 bucks. As long as its unique to that region...

But i didn't get anything just shared food. which there is hardly anything...

Im pissed.

My 3 sisters didnt do anything to keep the business or house clean. And i have to cook for a 17 year old ??? uhhh wow. 17 yr old idiot...

I did with out complaining but come on...

Then my dad. Comes and ask me stupid nit picky things like...

Did you do this, do that, do this, do that?

Seems like he is attacking me to cover his mistake. I really dislike my parents now. very disrespectful. Because I actually helped out and paid a 1.5k bill. (im getting paid back)

Then my mom said "Come down stairs we need to tell you somthing"

And then they look at my dads stuff. and said which shirt do you want??

Wtf i told them i do not want clothes. Thoughtless idiots.

Then I went up to my room as if nothing else went wrong..

Then my dad ask me stupid shit. Like where is your sisters report card. Fuck i dunno why i get this attention she failed a class and I get good marks and still i get shit. Double standards....

Besides how the hell do i know where my 17 year old sisters report card...

My other sisters is a college drop out now 25 years old who sleeps at her bf place alot.... then my 23 year sister who also smokes pot and drinks... and sleeps at other ppls place...

I dont drink, sleep at peoples houses.. smoke pot, fail a high school grade.

I do good at university. And I have the most money out of all the siblings.

My 25 year sister last time i saw had about 300 dollars in he bank. and the 17 year old have from what i heard a few months ago under 800 dollars and then my 23 sister have huge credit card debt that she struggles to pay.

I on the other hand have over 5k and I actually dont really have a job outside the family business and I actually get paid pennies and free post secondary education for free...

I hate this family. Also I am the only one other than my mom who doesnt swear for stupid things, and use it as part of our regular volcabulary.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

Re: Parents didn't buy me a present, except for all my siblings. Even though i paid 1.5kfor their b - July 18th 2009, 05:40 AM

That doesn't sound like such an awesome house to live in. *Hugs*

I really think it's great you do all these things for your parents, even if you do not get a lot of credit. It may not be right for them to throw these things at you like you're their personal slave, but I think it's great that you do in fact help them out.

I don't blame you for being annoyed by this whole thing. Have you voiced your feelings about this to your parents? If I were you, I'd come right out and tell them that you're sick of being treated like dirt. You don't deserve to be treated the way that they are treating you, and I really think you should stand up for yourself. I know that their your parents, but they shouldn't be treated you this way, and you have a right to voice your opinion and let them know how you truly feel about these things. Don't let them walk all over you like this.

Is there any way that you could stay somewhere else for awhile, get a break from your parents? Maybe you'd benefit from that. Don't let them drag you down, though. It's great that you're getting good grades at university, and the good thing is that you'll be able to be successful in life. I wouldn't let your parents or siblings stand in the way of that.

So, try standing up for yourself, and talking to your parents. It may really change things for the better Best of luck. x

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Nicolette Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Nicolette

Re: Parents didn't buy me a present, except for all my siblings. Even though i paid 1.5kfor their b - July 20th 2009, 12:48 AM

oh boy I hear this one all the time... and I believe I have a "system" worked out for this situation... because I get it all the time.

You're the good one of the family so you get pushed all the time, they expect the world out of you and when you don't perform or live up to expectations it comes down harder on you than anyone in the house when they screw up. I feel you.

I have a moron brother who has screwed his life up entirely every step of the way and yet my parents have bailed him out of everything... I on the other hand finished school, did the college thing, moved out, got marred... and this summer bought a house... my parents couldn't be bothered to drop a dime my way to help and yet they paid $10,000 in a lease, rent, bills, and a new vehicle for my brother.

Sorry hon, there's nothing I can really offer than that perspective.

"When it comes down to it I let them think what they want, if they care enough to bother with what I do then I'm already better than them." Marilyn Monroe.
  Send a message via MSN to Nicolette Send a message via Yahoo to Nicolette  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: Parents didn't buy me a present, except for all my siblings. Even though i paid 1.5kfor their b - July 20th 2009, 02:05 AM

Hi Tomb,

It seems like this scenario does happen a lot. The best thing to do right now would be to make the most of it, and maybe rethink house sitting and taking care of your siblings the next time your parents are away. Maybe next time make it clear to them that this is really out of the way for you and your siblings are old enough to care for themselves without a babysitter.

You are a good person, and I'm sure you're going to go far with all that you have achieved and all that you will do. The most important thing is that you are happy with your life and your accomplishments, even if your parents don't notice them near as much. Be proud of yourself, because that's what really matters.

Make sure that your parents pay you back for that bill and that they don't put it off. Stand firm with getting the money as soon as possible. Your dad should have made sure it was paid before he left on vacation, and it was irresponsible for him to leave it.

I have to say, getting post secondary education paid for free is pretty good. That's something you shouldn't take for granted.

Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

(#5 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Parents didn't buy me a present, except for all my siblings. Even though i paid 1.5kfor their b - July 20th 2009, 10:14 AM

Hey,

I am sorry that this happened and I want you to know that you did not deserve this treatment at all. Sometimes parents can be very disappointing and it is hurtful. I think that you should try and talk to them about it and explain to them how hurt you are about it all. I know you might not want to but I don't think you should just let your parents think you are okay with it; they need to know how hurt you are.

Talking to them might not result in anything big but it will help you get the feelings off your chest and that is very important. It is never good to keep your true feelings bottled up.

I hope that you know that everything you did for your parents was excellent and you deserve a pat on the back. A lot of kids would not have done that for their parents and if they don't realize what a great kid you are that is their problem and not yours.

Best of luck and if you ever want to talk feel free to pm me.

~Jenna~

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Closed Thread