TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
cleostar09 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: *Annastesia*

Unhappy My troubled sisters... - July 22nd 2009, 04:39 AM

Ok so this may be long but here it goes...
My family did foster care for awhile and we got these two girls a few years ago. Well, they came to live with us and became well adjusted to our family. The youngest one (she was almost 2) became VERY attached to me and vice versa... We were inseparable. If I left, she would wait for me to return and I had to go EVERYWHERE she went. We became so close that she would only listen to me and when we went out, she started to call me mommy. I secretly loved it! This baby is the joy of my life to this day, even though she went back to her birth mom... Yeah she left and I fell into a depression... but my story isn't about that. We still get to visit withthe girls and just recnetly we took in the older sister for 2 months over summer break. We returned her yesterday and her mom didn't seem to care that she was home. She and the other kids were watching A Haunting in Conneticutt ( need I remind you that there were two oyung girls watching as well). Then I got a message on facebook from their mom asking for a girl to have a one night stand with her 13 year old nephew. I'm scarred shitless of how these beautiful girls are going to turn out. Their mom was kinda a ho and I DON'T want my sisters to act that way... any help on wut to do? I'm sooo mad and frustrated I could cry...

Servatis a periculum...
Servatis a maleficum...
  Send a message via Yahoo to cleostar09  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: My troubled sisters... - July 22nd 2009, 02:21 PM

Hi there,

I think that the best thing you can do for these girls is to show them that there is another way of life and that they do have support from other people. It's fantastic that you've grown so close to them and are such a good role model. I really hope they look to you for advice.

What I suggest you try is asking for more visiting time. Try to see the girls when you can and be the good big sister you are. Another idea would be to talk with their mom and offer to help babysit if she wants to go out sometime. It's up to you whether you choose to do that for free or for money. It would give you some more time with the girls, and I'm sure their mom would appreciate it.

If the situation gets worse for them at home again, then the girls will go back to foster care. They may even get placed with your family again. Try not to worry that things will turn out badly for them. They do have the support and love of your family, and you are still a sister to them. That really means a lot.

Take care.
Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

Closed Thread