TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Kayla200 Offline
Average Joe

I don't know what to do anymore! - July 22nd 2009, 05:40 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Ok so I stood up to my mom a wile ago for the first time in my life like ever and she went balistic telling me I can do whatever I want cuz she dosent care anymore....well I took that and used that to my advantage and stayed at my friends and left and whatever I was respectful about it tho and told her where I was staying and what not....well she kept talking about all my friends sayin there pieces of shit and I'm a piece of shit and she can't stand me and all that other good stuff...and before this I listened to whatever she said and did whatever she wanted and basically walked on egg shells for her my whole life....well the other day she told me I'm not responsible at all and I'm a horrible person and I have 1 week to prove to her I could take care of my doggs even tho I do or there going to be gone....so I took my outside dog and bathed him and shaved him even though she told me I had to do it by myself and could not get help well I got help...and she went balistic cause one of our nozie naighbors told her....she kept saying that me my bf and all my friends where imature irresponsible lieing pieces of shit that my one friend was a lieing piece of shit that my bf was a lil punk ass and he doesn't do ne thing he doesn't drink or ne thing he obides by rules....and my mom kept saying that I was crazy and that she never said anything about anyone...well my bfs mom called my mom to talk to her and after she got off the phone mom called her a wench and immachure piece of shit and a lot of things....shes been talking about everyone in town and people are about ready to take action...all my mom does is yell and tell me I'm the biggest lier she knows even though shes the lier...I got mom on recording yelling at me this time so she can't deny most of what she said... she even went as far as to say if my bfs mom came over here shed kick her ass and a bunch of other things i asked mom if she thought she was invensible and she said that she was and she could hurt ect anyone...she thinks shes always right and totally set in her ways she says she hates me but she lies and says she never said that when my friends have been there to hear her say it...she is makeing me quit my mowing job and get a "real" job because I'm not responsible enough which makes no scence also it makes no scence cause I've had the mowing job for over 4 years and only missed mowing 2 or 3 times and not by my own will idk.....I just don't know what to do please help!!!!!!!!
~Kayla~

R.I.P Lee, Logan, Austin 3/5/09

As tears fall from my eyes,I realized I didn't know them as much as I knew everyone else,Yet what I knew was they where apart of me in different ways,And as I watched them be put in the ground,Their spirits floating,Apart of me went with them...........You will forever be missed and loved...Never forgotten

Last edited by Kayla200; July 22nd 2009 at 05:46 PM. Reason: needed to add stuff

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: I don't know what to do anymore! - July 23rd 2009, 10:29 PM

Hey Kayla,

Standing up to someone when you know they are doing something wrong can be really tough- especially when that person is a parent. Kudos to you for deciding what is right and wrong and for sticking up for yourself. That must have been challenging, and I'm really proud of you.

I think that there are certain things your mom says that you should ignore and certain things that you shouldn't. Her name calling to you, your friends, your boyfriend, and other people in the neighbourhood is inappropriate and very rude, but I'm not sure if there is anything you can really do about it other than not let it affect you or your decisions. However, her threatening to hurt others could get her in a lot of trouble.

You said that people are ready to take action against your mom in town. By this, do you mean legal action or are they just planning to talk to her? Either way, it may be in your best interest to get in contact with a close family member, relative, or child protective services. It is important that you have a safe place that you can stay available to you.

I don't think you should let your mom control what kind of job you have. What could be the deciding point is whether you are using your mom's lawn mower or the mower of the people who own the yards you mow. If it is your mom's, then she can say you are not allowed to use it, in which case I suggest you get another job. If you are using someone else's lawn mower, and you enjoy and are doing well at the job, then I suggest you keep it.

I'm really sorry that your mom is putting you through so much stress right now. It's not fair when she is saying things like that to you. Do your best to stay calm and maybe spend some time at a friend's house in order to get away from the negative environment for a bit.

Take care.
Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

Closed Thread