TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
SweetAndSour Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: DJ

My friend is mad at me. - July 23rd 2009, 04:33 AM

So my best friend in the entire world, who I can lay in the park together with for hours and just talk to, is now mad at me. It's not awful, she still is talking to me, but whenever I try to talk to her she acts disinterested. What happened was that well... I know its a bad awful thing, but I actually have a crush on her, and when we hang around other guys I tend to get kind of jealous, cause she acts completely different. So this time I sort of overreacted and started shunning her (only lasted about an hour or two) but the day before I had promised her I would never get mad at her. I wasn't mad but I was frustrated and now I've just made things worse. The other problem is that she doesn't think of me as very manly at all. I'm not. But her friend asked her if I was gay, which didn't help my chances very much. I need a way to come off as less sensitive and emotional to her, and also retain that she's easily my best friend.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
savealife723 Offline
i live. i laugh. i love.
I've been here a while

Re: My friend is mad at me. - July 23rd 2009, 10:19 PM

that is a tough situation, maybe you could talk to her about it. jealousy usually comes out when one person is attracted to the other. but i think that if you say you're sorry and explain what happened, it might get things better.

When you can't find your way home,
and when life gets too hard to face on your own.
I will stand as a light through the darkness unknown,
I will walk with you, so you're never alone.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: My friend is mad at me. - July 23rd 2009, 10:44 PM

Hi DJ,

I think that you really need to explain to your friend why you acted the way you did towards her. She could be upset because she believes you acted that way for a different reason and are mad at her, rather than jealous of the guys she was talking to. Instead of disinterested, she may feel uncomfortable talking and telling you how she felt about how you acted by shunning her.

It sounds like this girl really means a lot to you, and that kind of friendship is important. Having an open communication with her is just as important as your time together and hanging out. Try telling her how you feel and that you were jealous when she started talking with those other guys. By admitting your jealousy, it would really help her to understand where you were coming from with your feelings. Maybe try explaining to her that you worry that she acts differently towards other guys and you don't mean to but you become jealous when she's around them.

If this girl is your best friend, she shouldn't care about how sensitive or emotional you are. She obviously enjoys hanging out with you a great deal, and she likes you for who you are. Being someone else and trying to hide your feelings wont do anything to help your friendship. Being as open and able to communicate as you are is really the key thing. She obviously isn't looking for some 'manly' guy to be friends with, she is looking to be friends with you.

I hope that everything goes well for you. Try not to let this get you down.

Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

(#4 (permalink)) Old
SweetAndSour Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: DJ

Re: My friend is mad at me. - July 24th 2009, 05:48 AM

She finally returned my call, but she was at another friends house and had me on speaker phone. I asked her to hang out and she said she had other plans. That sucked haha.

My friend, her other best friend (a girl) and my friend (a guy) are all going to hang out on saturday, but for some reason I don't feel comfortable going. I wanted to get a chance to talk to her before it happened, but it doesn't look like thats possible. I feel like the longer we wait to talk the worse it becomes, but she wont let me talk to her. Having her mad at me is like having the sun eclipsed, and she wont let me tell her how much she means to me.

Closed Thread