TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
KittyCat2010 Offline
Live,Love,Laugh
Not a n00b

Name: Ashley

dad doesnt support me in descion - July 25th 2009, 02:09 AM

you see my brother nick is 19, he has a very bad temper and gets violent not physically(thats rare) but mentally, and everytime i'm home alone with him and he isnt on his meds i feel very scared,threatend and that my life is in danger, so i told my mom the next time i feel like i am in danger and feel like im being threatend and that he may physically try to hurt me,
so i told my dad just a little while ago and he gets mad at me, i tell him that i'm doing it and he says NO! he's all "ASHLEY you dont need to do that, you have no reason to blah blah bla" its like HELLO my BROTHER is making me feel like my life is in DANGER and my dad doesnt support my decison to call the police if i absolutly have to like if he tries to physically hurt me? i can call the police if i feel like i'm in danger right?
i'm sick of my dad ALWAYS siding with my brother blaming me for stealing his stuff from his toolbox and stuff and off his workbench, when i dont even STEAL i ask and i put it back its my BROTHER and my dad hates it when i ask him to ask nick(my brother) to turn the bass down because i have a noncancerous tumor on my ear drum and if the bass is really loyd to a certain point the vibration REALLY hurts and my dad gets piseed because i ask him to ask nick to turn the music down
WHAT DO I DO please help me, i feel no support from my dad

PHILIPPIANS 2:15
Then you will be innocent and without any wrong. You will be Gods children without fault. But you are living with crooked and mean people all around you, among whom you shine like stars in the dark world.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
tk338 Offline
I've been here a while

Re: dad doesnt support me in descion - July 25th 2009, 08:51 AM

So has he ever hurt you??

Little confused here, but to be hones i he does physically hurt you, and theres noone else around I can see why your dad wouldnt want you you call the police, but if he does hurt you, you have every right to, brother or not...

I honestly dont know about support from your dad though :| Struggling with kind of the same situation, Ive given up, but thats a lot easier for me he doesnt live at home, so yeah have to wait for others on that one (:

How can one love themselves, when they love absolutely nothing?
Do something that is interesting. If it is not interesting, find out why it is not interesting.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
KittyCat2010 Offline
Live,Love,Laugh
Not a n00b

Name: Ashley

Re: dad doesnt support me in descion - July 25th 2009, 05:14 PM

yes my brother has infact physically hurt me, he even scratched my cornea once,
and other things, bruises,scratches,bumps ect

PHILIPPIANS 2:15
Then you will be innocent and without any wrong. You will be Gods children without fault. But you are living with crooked and mean people all around you, among whom you shine like stars in the dark world.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
SpiderHan03 Offline
Living for God
Average Joe

Name: Han

Re: dad doesnt support me in descion - July 25th 2009, 06:38 PM

Well I'm in somewhat in a similar situation. My little sister is ten and she is very highly sensitive. Not only with her five senses but with her emotions too. She gets violent but she's not big enough to hurt me. My dad especially supports her a lot as to not make her upset. This I don't care about but when my mom is giving all this attention to her and siding with her though we both know she's wrong, it can get overwhelming.

Calling the police on a family member isn't easy. I've almost had to call on my dad a few times. Although I don't want to... someday I might have to. You gotta do what you gotta do. You need to keep yourself and your brother safe. If that means calling the police then don't hesitate.

Now I can understand your dad's point of view as well. That IS his son and as much as he loves you both, your brother is the one who need some extra care and attention. Don't get me wrong, you need it too. It's just that sometimes... you have to go with the flow. Just think of it was the opposite way around and you were the one who was extremely violent. If your brother told your dad that he might have to call the police on you, your father would react the same way as he did for your brother.

You guys are family and you all need to support each other 100%. Maybe try talking to your mom about how your dad has been treating you. I know this isn't easy because I've had to do it too. And it doesn't always turn out the way you planned. Just give it a shot.

We are all rooting for you. All of us here at TH. I know I'll be praying. Feel free to PM, VM, or IM me anytime.

Take care of yourselfa

"No matter how bad something is hurting us... sometimes it hurts worse to let it go..."

Send a message via AIM to SpiderHan03  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?

Name: Holly

Re: dad doesnt support me in descion - July 25th 2009, 06:50 PM

Stay home with your phone and put the cops on speed dial. If anything happens, bam, call the cops.

Geek? Nerd? More like intellectual badass.

"You ran through Africa, and Asia, and Indonesia.. And now I've found you, and I love you. I want to know your name."
  Send a message via Yahoo to Algernon  
Closed Thread