TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
tk338 Offline
I've been here a while

Clamming up... - July 26th 2009, 01:59 AM

My friends know everything about me, now thats ok, the 3 close ones, but the rest of them I dont want them to know, so is it bad to want to just.. shut yourself off from friends all but the closest ones, I mean still see and talk to the others but just close up a little, so they dont know everything about me, its kind of been happening as my mum stated telling me today thinking I wasnt ok, but I just want to keep my life to myself, too many people look and laugh at it...

How can one love themselves, when they love absolutely nothing?
Do something that is interesting. If it is not interesting, find out why it is not interesting.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: Clamming up... - July 27th 2009, 12:09 AM

Hi Joel,

I think that having privacy is very important, and if you want to keep some things about your life to yourself or only talk about it with your close friends, then that is perfectly fine.

What I don't suggest doing is shutting yourself off from your friends. You can still see them, hang out with them, and talk to them without getting your personal life involved. If a subject comes up that you don't want to talk about then just tell them that you would rather not talk about it and bring up another subject. As your friends, they should respect that decision.

I think that you should rethink your friendships if you find that your friends are looking at your life and laughing at it. That isn't what friends are supposed to do. If that is what they are doing currently, then I suggest you talk to them about it and say that what is going on in your life is important to you and you do not want them to treat it as a joke. If they continue to do so, then you should stop hanging out with them.

Take care.

Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Youth Pastor Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Youth Pastor

Re: Clamming up... - July 27th 2009, 12:20 AM

I've found those friends I can be completely open and others where I don't say as much but we still hang out a lot. There isn't anything wrong with not saying anything to friends. Eventually, once the friendship continues, more info and trust will build.

To the world you might be one person but to one person you might be the world

Failure isn't when you get knocked down, it's when you don't get back up

(#4 (permalink)) Old
tk338 Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Clamming up... - July 27th 2009, 12:42 AM

I dont want to whinge and like... Be all oh feel sorry for me cos its not like that, I got myself in this mess and Ive got to deal with it, but my ex was very open with everyone about my life, people laugh at me for my future, what I want to do with my life and how I go about things... I guess as you say Nat they're not really friends...

And then as you say Erik... I have found 3 people who I tell everything too, but I wish I could almost take back time and unsay things to other people...

Im going to a new college next year, complete new start, new area and everything so I guess I can start again there aha, but at the same time Im terrible at meeting and greeting new people... I guess that needs a new thread... How do you make a good start with people in a completely new place where you know noone! LOL

How can one love themselves, when they love absolutely nothing?
Do something that is interesting. If it is not interesting, find out why it is not interesting.

Closed Thread