TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
razmataz5 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

cant take it anymore - July 27th 2009, 10:41 PM

my parents are SO strict. They dont let me do ANYTHING. like they wont even let me see 9:00 movies. i am 18 years old and will be 19 in january. i am going to college so i know that i will have more freedom there but i seriously dont know if i can make it til september. when all my friends are out having fun...not even doing anything bad...i am sitting at home because my parents are annoying. they have no reason not to trust me. yes i have tried talking to them. AHHH.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
esfdhtfy Offline
Dream Big
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Joseph S.

Re: cant take it anymore - July 27th 2009, 11:00 PM

This must be tough for you, absolutely. Have you ever given them any reason not to trust you? Once your parents lose trust, it's really difficult to earn it back. However, if you haven't done anything, this is irrelevant. Have you tried speaking to them about this and explaining how you feel? Holding this kind of conversation in a calm manner shows responsibility, which will certainly help your case.

If nothing seems to work, know that September really isn't far away and you will definitely have more freedom. Talking to your parents is really the only thing that you can go. However, I'd advise you to avoid losing your patience or yelling during the conversation, despite how difficult may be to do. This does not show that you are mature and will likely deter your parents from even considering what you're asking of them. Keep in mind that your parents do care about you and want what's best for you.

SUP BRO.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
AshtrayHeart Offline
Human Wreckage
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Jess.

Re: cant take it anymore - July 28th 2009, 12:08 AM

Can you talk to them about this? let them know your responsible and you can look after yourself and go out later, tell them your being left out because your friends are always going out to see movies but you can't.

'Cause there's no pride to be found when you follow sheep around..

<3 15/3/09 <3
11 months, I love you.
  Send a message via MSN to AshtrayHeart  
Closed Thread