TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Edward Cullen (inside joke)
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ness is liek mi name
Location: Not Earth. You thought Earth and you`re wrong. ASSUMER ALERT ! ~

My friend avoided me for a year ! - July 28th 2009, 05:50 PM

My name is Vanessa, but I go by Ness. I am nearly 13. One of my best friends has known me since kindergarten. I still remember how we went our seperate ways, then in the end of 3rd grade reunited. The summer before 6th grade, middle school, was slightly bumpy as she decided to quit a dorky site we used to play together P: At first I was annoyed, but I got over it. Once 6th grade started, she began to give me incredulous looks when I talked to her. She avoided birthday parties, sleepovers, and had excuses everytime I tried to invite her over. She never called me back. She always had another excuse as to why she`s too busy the next day at school. I usually knew what her schedule was like and I couldnt believe she suddenly always had plans...
we both had the same friends, and it seemed like she was telling them things behind my back. Lunchtime felt awkward. She still acts like this, along with alot of my friends.
I`m thinking of making + mailing her a card, but I don`t know..

please..
What should I do? ~
  Send a message via AIM to missmatchedsocks  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
lilangel! Offline
Speeding through life
Average Joe

Name: Hannah

Re: My friend avoided me for a year ! - July 28th 2009, 06:07 PM

Hi Ness and welcome to TeenHelp.
firstly, she doesnt sound like much of a friend at the moment. it isnt her fault if she does have friends, but she seems to be being purposefully rude to you, which isnt fair.
she also shouldnt be telling your friends things behind your back, that is out of order. im not suprised lunch felt awkward with her being like she is. and if shes been telling your friends things, this could be why they too are acting odd.
im not sure about sending her a card, maybe you could just talk to her face to face and be open and honest with her and ask her why shes being the way she is.
if you cant get to talk to her face to face, maybe speak to her at school or before/after when shes on her own and ask her whats going on. say that you still want to be friends if she does. if you cant then, maybe a sending her a note expressing your concerns or asking you to meet with her.
but she currently doesnt sound like much of a friend. but i do think the best thing is to try and talk to her.
hope ive helped
PM me if i can help anymore or if you want someone to listen to you (just click on lilangel! ans then send private message)
good luck
Hannah X

"He who does not weep, does not see" - Les Miserables.

keep reaching and living your lives. you are who you are.

PM me whenever and ill do my best to help!

Im here if you ever need anyone to talk to or to have someone to listen to you

Closed Thread