TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Star Crow Offline
Average Joe

I'm not interesting - July 30th 2009, 04:30 PM

I am getting extremely annoyed with my friend. She seriously comes over to my house and sleeps and we don't tend to do anything else. Then she calls one of our friends and says when they call back she'll get up.

Am I not interesting enough or something? I can never start conversations. I can only continue them.

She's asleep on my floor right now. She doesn't sleep at night so she comes here during the day. She actually needs the sleep which is why I'm hesitant to wake her up.

And now I'm trapped at my house because its not like I can leave now. I'm so sick of this she has asked me to wait for her at Roche Brothers while she went home and changed. She was on her bike and I was walking. I figured she'd get there before me but I was waiting there for a half an hour and it turned out she decided to take a shower. She doesn't even realize what she's doing is wrong.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Raptor Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Raptor

Re: I'm not interesting - July 30th 2009, 05:40 PM

I think it's time to tell your friend not to come over for a bit.
Next time, tell her you've got commitments you can't get out of.

Why does she not sleep at night?

I'm sure you're interesting, it just sounds like your friend is using you for somewhere to sleep and generally being insensitive.

Go on, go out, make plans with your other friends and let her figure this one out on her own.

Hope that helps.

Raptor!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: I'm not interesting - July 31st 2009, 07:30 PM

Hi Andy,

I suggest you talk to your friend and tell her that it would be better if she got some sleep at her own house. Let her know that you have other things to do and don't feel comfortable leaving her to sleep at your house.

Also, I'm rather curious as to why she doesn't sleep at night? Maybe suggest that she give that a try and make sure other commitments don't come between her sleeping at night.

I don't think that you should depend on this friend to be someone to hang out with. If she is just using you for a place to crash, then you should seriously consider hanging out with other people. You are an interesting person, and whether or not starting conversations is easy does not hinder that.

Take care.

Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

(#4 (permalink)) Old
BroadwayJunkie Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I'm not interesting - August 3rd 2009, 05:00 PM

It sounds like your friend has some serious issues right now that need to be dealt with in the comforts of HER home, not yours. I've had the same thing happen to me before. The best way (in my opinion) to deal with the situation is to ignore her completely. When you find something interesting to do, dont tell her what it is. When you get a phone call from another friend, talk like you can't concentrate on anything else and when the friend that comes over to sleep asks, "What? Whats going on? Who is it?" just shake your head and say, "Nothin" and continue your conversation on the phone. I do it all the time. It sure makes my rudest friends realize what they put me through in the past.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Star Crow Offline
Average Joe

Re: I'm not interesting - August 4th 2009, 08:25 PM

Thanks for the input, but one of the problems is we are really good friends. We tell each other almost everything. As for ignoring her to make her know what she's put me through. She doesn't know what she is doing is rude. She doesn't think before she acts. I really do need to talk to her about that.

One problem is she doesn't have the best home life s othat could be one reason she wants to come her. But the reasons she doesn't sleep are idiotic. Once she was up all night making a skirt, she also claims to have some sort of insomnia.

Another thing is she is extremely paranoid. If I just ignored her completely I think it would jeopardize our friendship.

Closed Thread