TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Jessielove Offline
Happily In Love. <3
Average Joe

Name: Jessie

He's hot then he's cold. - August 11th 2009, 08:58 PM

I've been in love with my best friend for a year and he openly knows this because I've told him. Anyways, we both just became single and we spent yesterday together...all day. We watched a movie and cuddled, then he took me to this pond by his house, sat me under a tree, moved me on his lap, and watched the sunset with me like that. He was saying such sweet things too. We ended up kissing twice, once was a joke...from what I could tell. He said his lip hurt and I should kiss it, so I did. Just a quick peck. Then next time I was kissing his cheek and he said he thought I was gonna kiss him on his lips and I said no, then he kept saying it, so I did...and he kissed back with tongue. It was a little weird after that, but then we went back to normal. Yesterday he acted like he liked me, just everything he did...it wasn't normally how he acted with me.

I wanna date me, it'd be awesome...but since he's going out to college this weekend...it'd be stupid to ask even though he said he's come visit me at least once a month and we'd talk on webcam. He also said last night when we used webcams when I got home, "Well, why do you love me? What's so special about me?" and I kind of felt like that was a, "No, I don't like you like that. Get it already, Jessie!" but then he said one of his brother's called me cute and he agreed with him, which he's never told me before.

I wanna ask him his feelings, but I don't want to mess up our friendship, but he's been the only person I think about...even when I was dating other's. No matter what, I can't get over him.

When you fall, don't always expect someone to pick you up. Do it yourself, you're stronger then you think. Brush yourself off and keep your head high.

"She loves me, she loves me not, despite the fact I smell like pot, I write this poem to you Jessie, are you my lady love to be?" -
sphynx

Send a message via AIM to Jessielove Send a message via Skype™ to Jessielove 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
farawaydream Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: He's hot then he's cold. - August 12th 2009, 12:29 AM

i have no idea what to tell you. Im sorry but part of me is saying ask him, but another part of me is saying just don't ask i mean you dont want to ruin your friendship. Then again if he really was your friend then he wouldnt let how you feel get in the way of that.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Jessielove Offline
Happily In Love. <3
Average Joe

Re: He's hot then he's cold. - August 12th 2009, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by farawaydream View Post
i have no idea what to tell you. Im sorry but part of me is saying ask him, but another part of me is saying just don't ask i mean you dont want to ruin your friendship. Then again if he really was your friend then he wouldnt let how you feel get in the way of that.
He's dealt with it for over a year...but I know he's still so in love with his ex, we were just talking about it on webcam. She drank and she's way underage...and he doesn't get why she did it and it's hurting him and right when he left the webcam...I broke down into tears...and I just want to do what's best for him...which I think is not telling him, but I wanna know.

When you fall, don't always expect someone to pick you up. Do it yourself, you're stronger then you think. Brush yourself off and keep your head high.

"She loves me, she loves me not, despite the fact I smell like pot, I write this poem to you Jessie, are you my lady love to be?" -
sphynx

(#4 (permalink)) Old
MandaPanda Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Amandaa

Re: He's hot then he's cold. - August 16th 2009, 02:03 PM

well he knows how you feel right? So then I think that you have the right to know how HE feels, and why he acted the way he did that day. Maybe he just doesnt know what he wants yet. I know what that feels like, liking a guy who may or may not like me, and might still be completely in love with his ex. He will decide though, but you need to ask him about what happened.

I hope this helped!
PM me if you need anything else

(#5 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Re: He's hot then he's cold. - August 17th 2009, 03:54 AM

Perhaps he hasn't had many successful relationships in the past with girlfriends and is having what seems to be a rather successful one with you. So perhaps you see something in him that other girls didn't and he may be curious what it is you see in him. It could also be that he may see you as being too good for him and so he may wonder why you are with him instead of with someone else. You said he's going to college and I assume you're not or if you are then it's a different one so perhaps he's thinking later on he'll be around many females and there's a higher chance he'll go for one of them. I assume you also know this and perhaps he's wondering why you're still sticking with him with that in mind.

I think you may have interpreted his question incorrectly and that's what the fuss is about.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Jessielove Offline
Happily In Love. <3
Average Joe

Re: He's hot then he's cold. - August 17th 2009, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourNightmare View Post
Perhaps he hasn't had many successful relationships in the past with girlfriends and is having what seems to be a rather successful one with you. So perhaps you see something in him that other girls didn't and he may be curious what it is you see in him. It could also be that he may see you as being too good for him and so he may wonder why you are with him instead of with someone else. You said he's going to college and I assume you're not or if you are then it's a different one so perhaps he's thinking later on he'll be around many females and there's a higher chance he'll go for one of them. I assume you also know this and perhaps he's wondering why you're still sticking with him with that in mind.

I think you may have interpreted his question incorrectly and that's what the fuss is about.
He's my best friend and yeah, he's had bad trouble with relationships. This most recent one was his 9th. He's only broken up with two. And yeah, he said he worries he can't make me happy because of my depression, but he's the only one who makes me smile and laugh so much and he knows this. And...he's always around females, that's most of his friends, like mine are guys.

sphynx

Closed Thread