TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
lost93 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

I finally have the courage to say this. - August 12th 2009, 10:01 AM

Hey guys,

I've finally had the courage to get this out to the world, I want to solve this problem and I have done many things and I have thought about it constantly.

I am in a family of three, my mum, dad and me. In a nutshell we are never happy and theres always a problem. Firstly there are different views from everyone so I will explain them individually.

My dad is acting different lately, ever since a very serious argument with my mum, he's been different. Different as in the way he treats things, for example he doesn't really look at a situation as seriously as he would before. The way he treats my mum is also in question, I hear stories from mum that hes said some bad stuff about her to her face and well I do believe her, but my dad is a good person. He has sacrificed so much in his life for the sake and well being of his family, his social life, his money, everything has been for his family. Well, I have figured out by now with all this giving he'd want something in return for himself, but yet he gets nothing. I know hes tired, I can see it on his face when he comes back from work, he is relatively old and he is one of the hardest workers I know even sometimes going to work at 4 am. I love him and I thank him for all that he's done for our family. Just a few days ago, he lost his job but quickly got a job elsewherre in a different country so by the end of this week he has to move.

My mum on the other hand, hates the country we're living in, she finds it a living hell, she is a lady of a strict culture. We live in Australia by the way, anyway, compared to her culture the culture here is so much more different such as people's morals etc. She cannot understand how the people here work and therefore spite it and hate it because she doesn't understand. She doesn't want to live here, but from what I heard she doesn't want to move away from here because well, if she went abroad with my dad she would feel like she is only going with him because dad wants to not pay tax and what not and not as a wife. She is getting the impression that he does not love her anymore and I can see that too, but I can also see that she doesn't love him.

Well, you would say if they don't love each other than why don't they just get divorced? Well... its a bit complicated. She doesn't work, nor drive nor can she speak proper english, she can speak but not fluently. If she divorced she would be left without her support which is my dad, so where would she go she'd ask me.

I tell her move back to her home country where she has brothers or sisters, yet she doesn't want to move.

There is my situation too.. I'm 16 and I can leglly occupy a house by myself under Australian law, but they wouldn't want to leave me here alone.

What the hell do I do? How am I suppose to think about this in a way it will slove multiple problems at once?

More details if people are interested, theres just so much... so much I can't handle, especially when I have to stay up late at night trying to finish work and what not.

I'm tired, confused and my gf broke up with me a few months ago... life isn't looking up to me.

Thanks for reading this wall of text and I hope to hear a responce soon,

Lost93

(#2 (permalink)) Old
roomofangels Offline
Silent Hill Cultist
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Mel

Re: I finally have the courage to say this. - August 21st 2009, 05:15 AM

I think this is one of those situations that can only make more sense with time. If I were you I would get a job as soon as possible if you don't already have one and try to make yourself more independant. If your home life is headed in a bad direction at least if you have money and a means of transportation you have a lot more freedom and there might be less stress.

Other than that I am not sure what you could do. I hope everything works out well. Good luck with this one!

Closed Thread