TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
icryrainbows Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Jasmine

Need advice asap,my dad called his lawyer!! - August 26th 2009, 10:50 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of rape or abuse, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

My parents found out two months ago that I have been self harming, cutting on my leg. My dad got pissed, and nearly threw me out of the house (my dad has always had an anger problem, and used to be violent with me,my sister, and our mum, but not with my stepmum or their daughter)anyways, they've never seen the cuts until today morning, that is, when my stepmum came in the room and saw them.she thought they were new cuts, although I haven't sh'ed in two months, and called my dad, who started screaming at me on the phone and..wait for it..grounded me for six fucken months!!!
And when I tried to explain these cuts were old scars he didn't give a crap! It gets worse.
Anyway, when he came home, I was terrified he'd beat me up, but he just yelled and left! I tried explaining, but he didn't give a crap! Turned out he called his lawyer, and told him what's been happening and he advised my dad to report me to the police!! ( I live in Dubai)
He already reported me and sent a letter and he wants me to have a full body check for scars and pics taken of it to put in my record!!
I can't do this! I've honestly had enough of him going on about what an embarrasment to him, and how I'll never suceeed in life and how much he hates me!
So I want to know my rights, and if I can refuse the body check and what to do or say!
If I have to take my dad to court then I'll do it, bcuz I've had enuf of his menttal abuse, and he used to physically abuse me when I was a kid!
I swear I'm on the verge of breaking down and killing myself, my dad wants to kick me out, I want to leave, but noone wants me! I'm tired of all this bull crap, please help
Btw, any idea what the police will do??

Last edited by icryrainbows; August 26th 2009 at 10:53 PM. Reason: forgot to add something

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Angel Offline
The final horcrux
I've been here a while

Re: Need advice asap,my dad called his lawyer!! - August 26th 2009, 11:37 PM

Erm, I'm not sure exactly what the laws are in Dubai, but is your father really allowed to make a case out of this? It sounds quite unreasonable, honestly.

Well it's quite obvious that something has been triggering you to self harm, it's not like people usually do it for recreational purposes. It sounds as if your father's behaviour isn't very positive at all on your mental health. You should mention his violence against your family and his anger issues to the police, no one deserves to live in fear of someone who is supposed to protect them. :/

"Years ago, I knew a boy who made all the wrong choices."

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Gixxers rock Offline
should now be "VFRs rock"
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Need advice asap,my dad called his lawyer!! - August 28th 2009, 03:28 AM

Maybe he wants to make sure you don't use sh leftovers as proof of child abuse?

I am the Stig's brother in law.

Race me on Gran Turismo 5 Prologue! My nickname is patrakoffman-64

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Emily

Re: Need advice asap,my dad called his lawyer!! - August 30th 2009, 12:35 AM

I don't think as a minor you can refuse the body checks. I don't know the laws, but I don't know what KIND of case they could POSSIBILY have aganist you. In most places, it is also aganist the law dor your father to kick you(a minor) out of the house. I would report HIM and his ABUSE to the police however because that is WRONG. He has NO right to abuse you in ANY way hitting, kicking, or otherwise.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
84y Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Need advice asap,my dad called his lawyer!! - September 9th 2009, 02:15 PM

hi,
there are many reasons you can find out for your father to do that , but it is obvious that he abuses you physically because you said you were afraid he beats you. Dealing with parents is an awful horrible thing (I know quite well), for now try avoiding him, subscribe in classes, join some music\computer\language lessons or any of those many available activities in Dubai, until you graduate high school when you can subscribe in a university and live on campus until you graduate and have your own job and home.
do not let him destroy your life, deal with it as a temporary place to stay in.

If ur at the bottom then cheer it only can go better
If you are lonely then smile
You do not need them to stay alive
If they hurt you bad ,been hurt worst and every thing is just pushing u down...
And even though you are strong enough to survive

p.m me.........I quite like it

Closed Thread