TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
$Kelly2DaB$ Offline
awesome =]
Not a n00b

Name: Kelly

oh mother dearest. you piss me off. - August 27th 2009, 02:20 AM

don't get me wrong, i love my mom, but she is such a bitch sometimes. today on facebook, i had my status as the stuff i was doing for the day. and my friend kyle goes you have work. he likes to do that sometimes. and my mother decides to read it and tell me i have work and went i told her no i dont he is just being funny, she was like are you sure? cuz you have mistaken times before. and i was like yeah i know, but at least i knew i had work that day. and it was only a half hour difference. then we get into an arguement.

now she is being a complete bitch, ignoring me and acting like a 5 year old. i was at my aunts today, and my mom came over for a second, and she was like to my aunt... tell that one over there she needs to go tomorrow to renew her car registration. really mom? cuz i cant fucking hear you or anything.

like i didnt know people actually pulled that shit anymore. fucking asshole. she pisses me off so much sometimes. half the time,i dont fucking do anything. im sorry for the strong language. but you would understand if you knew this ahole. i love her and all cuz she my mom, but still. ugh!!

Kelly!
  Send a message via AIM to $Kelly2DaB$  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: oh mother dearest. you piss me off. - August 27th 2009, 03:42 PM

Hey Kelly,

It does sound like your mom is acting very immaturely around you right now, which isn't very appropriate for her to do as a parent. If she is upset about something that you've done or are doing, then talking about it is really the best way to handle it.

I think that since you are 19 your mom should be trusting you more about handling your own work schedule and believing what you say about your friends. If you make a mistake or if you are late for work, that is something you should be able to deal with and learn from on your own.

Giving your mom a bit of time to cool off would be a good idea, but I still think a talk is in order once she has calmed down a bit. Just let her know that you are responsible enough now to work out your schedule on your own and that you have learned from last time you were late for work. Let her know that if there's a problem that she should talk to you about it instead of keeping it in and not communicating with you directly. It's important for your mom to know that you want to work this out between you, but that can't happen unless she is willing to talk this through.

I know how frustrating it is when parents get this way, but do your best to hang in there and give this some time to blow over.

Take care.
Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

Closed Thread