TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
J.u.s.t.i.n.e. Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Justine

Unhappy It's hard to find good friends - August 28th 2009, 06:54 PM

Like the title says, it's hard to find good friends. I myself have a lot of problems finding good friends. It seems like you'll be good friends with someone for a while, until they're ready to throw you under the bus if it's going to benefit them in any way. I don;t understand why friendships seem to be like this, feeding off eachother and using eachother for personal gain. Do any of you guys notice this or have the same kind of problems?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
savealife723 Offline
i live. i laugh. i love.
I've been here a while

Re: It's hard to find good friends - August 28th 2009, 08:06 PM

I have noticed this a lot. Finding good friends can be really hard. But once you find some really good friends, it'll be so worth all the ones who used you.
good luck!
and if you ever need to talk,
i'll be here.

When you can't find your way home,
and when life gets too hard to face on your own.
I will stand as a light through the darkness unknown,
I will walk with you, so you're never alone.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
SimplyComplex Offline
SimplyComplex :)
I've been here a while

Name: Melissa

Re: It's hard to find good friends - August 28th 2009, 08:46 PM

Justine,

I noticed this too. I've gone through numerous friends. They left for one reason or another or we've simply drifted. But as I'm going through these things more, I think it's apart of finding who you are and building an opinion of what you want from others. I really do thing it's worth it, as I might not have 50 best friends I tell everything to, but I have a couple whom I need a lot. And I know it's hard losing people, but when you have them you can't picture losing them. But if it's meant to last, it will. It's as simple as that. Not all friendships are bad. Some people are looking for what you're looking for. It's just about being patient enough to find it.

Good things do come in time, and until then keep your eyes and mind open to everyone. If things don't last, you will gain something from every person you once called a friend. It's not about having someone forever. It's about taking the good things and moving on and making your life better in the end. With or without them. If you need someone to talk to or rant to, PM me. I'm here for you and you can always find a friend here. Take care.

Have hope,
-Melissa

01 // 10 // 11

Baby stand tall. You can have it all.

Don't you worry your pretty little mind, people throw rocks at things that shine..

(#4 (permalink)) Old
glittermist Offline
Modal Soul
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Lisa

Re: It's hard to find good friends - August 28th 2009, 08:47 PM

I can totally relate. One minute, i feel as though i may have actually found a decent friend for once - and the next minute they're totally off with you. I am always questioning whether my friendships are true or not; or maybe that's just because i read too much into things; but i've definitely had those so-called friendships where once they've got what they want out of you; you're brushed aside like last year's fashion trends.

But the important thing to remember is that nothing really ever stays the same; and although you may feel like you should give up on being a good friend altogether - don't; because someone will come along when you least expect it and restore your faith in humanity. Just be the person that others will want to associate themselves with.

Good luck x

& it's just like she's in another world.
[<3]

Closed Thread