TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Kokoro Offline
AKB48<3
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Mi Sun

Drifting.. - August 29th 2009, 04:49 PM

I feel like me and my best friend are drifting apart. Her boyfriend has totally took over her she was meant to be with ME today but she has gone to see him today. Totally left me out. I am starting to get annoyed with her about that. And she doesn't seem as close to as she used to.
Like she never wants to talk to me anymore. I really don't want to lose her she is my absolute everything!!!

"Aww How Sweet!"

(#2 (permalink)) Old
xXbrooke13Xx Offline
done w/all the fake ppl
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Brooke

Re: Drifting.. - August 29th 2009, 04:52 PM

have you brought this up to your friends attention?

maybe you could jus tell her that you feel like she doesnt hang out with anyone,espicialy you,except her boyfriend and go from there? you dont hav to do it person,a letter/note or text or phone call would work jus as well in this case i think.

~brookie

~*fixed what was once broken*~

x7x13x

I.Love.You.<3

YOU ARE ON DRUGS,is what i think

so over you

KEEP MOVING FORWARD

need or wanna tlk,pm me nytime

Send a message via AIM to xXbrooke13Xx Send a message via Yahoo to xXbrooke13Xx  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: Drifting.. - August 29th 2009, 08:46 PM

Hi Mi Sun,

I know this happens a lot when someone starts a relationship with someone else. Suddenly they start spending all of their time with their partner and they don't realize that they are drifting away from their friends. That can really be a tough position, but the best way to deal with it is to let your friend know what's happening and that you like spending time with her just as much as her boyfriend.

Your friend needs to know that when you two make plans she should go through with them. Your time with her should be valued by her, and she should make the extra effort to see you. She may not even realize you are feeling this way and that she is distancing herself.

I suggest you be honest with your friend and tell her how you feel. The only way to fix things between you is if she realizes that what she's doing is hurting your feelings. Let her know that it's okay that she spends time with her boyfriend, but you like to spend time with her too.

And as Brookie said, there are lots of ways to bring this up. Face to face is one of the best options, because it really gets across how you feel, but you could also write a letter or email.

Good luck and take care.
Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

(#4 (permalink)) Old
KoKoEm Offline
love's lookin' good on you =]
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Emily

Re: Drifting.. - August 29th 2009, 09:53 PM

Mi Sun,
If I were in your situation, and I have been before, I would talk to the friend about what's going on. That happened to my friend and I (except without the boyfriend issue) and I asked her and she told me she really needed a break from me because of something or other and she was pissed at me for something. A few days later, we were as close as we had been before.
If you want to talk or rant or something about it or anything else, you can PM me.
Good luck dear.
<3 Em

This is how it ends
We believe every lie & say we'll still be friends
How long will it last
Before we scratch all the scripts & rework the casts
*Hourglass by the Hush Sound*

PM me =]

Current Craft Obsession: http://friendship-bracelets.net
Craft obsessions vary often.
  Send a message via AIM to KoKoEm Send a message via MSN to KoKoEm Send a message via Yahoo to KoKoEm  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Kokoro Offline
AKB48<3
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Mi Sun

Re: Drifting.. - August 30th 2009, 02:39 PM

Thanks for your replies, I spoke to her last night and she said she didn't want to hang out with me.
She said maybe another time.. I can't help but still feel pissed.

"Aww How Sweet!"

Closed Thread