TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Mel

Exclamation I NeEd HeLp... I dont know what to do anymore - January 21st 2009, 06:49 PM

Ok... I dont know what to do anymore.. I'm 17 and the youngest of the family and I dont have the greatest of friends so i cant talk to them and i dont want my family to know i've been stressed out and crying all the time because they cant handle it like i can because there always gone.. My problem is my mom has Crohn's disease and Liver disease.. the docters gave her some meds that Fucked up her head and she was loopy she repeted herself and fell alot and sents everyone was gone i took care of her it went on for 3 or 4 months and i was ok.. i admit i did cut alittle but my mom got a lot better after the meds were out of her.. and i did tell her about the cutting and i promised i wouldnt do it anymore.. But now shes back to how it was and wrose and i cant help but cut again im trying not to because of the promise im very close to my mom i love her but what can i do?? the people i trust and can talk to i dont want to because i want to be strong but im not and i cant do anything for her i cant drive yet.. i dont have a job and im not smart i cant do this on my own but how do i just stand by and watch her die!?! i hate to admit it but i think my mommy is better off dead i dont know what to do how can i take care of her!?! i cant stop crying anymore
Signed mel Begging_FoR_Help

Last edited by Strider; January 21st 2009 at 06:53 PM. Reason: Labelling as 'Triggering'
  Send a message via Yahoo to Begging_FoR_Help  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
_Headphones_ Offline
Music Lover

Outside, huh?

Name: Frankie<3

Re: I NeEd HeLp... I dont know what to do anymore - January 21st 2009, 06:54 PM

My suggestion is to talk to your family I know you dont think your family can handle it but i bet you will be suprised on how wel lyour family can handle what you tell them. Also I know you take care of your mom all the time but if you have other family mebers living in your house its not fair to let you do everything espcially since you are only 17 and cant drive and you deserve breaks once in awhile. i would just flat out tell the other people in your family how you feel and how they can help you out with stuff. And if its just you and your mom I wouldd say to ask somebody who your really close to besides your mom in your family that you are stressed out and you dont know how much more you take helpping your mom24/7 and see if they can help you out with a lot of stuff.

Don't lose who you are, in the blur of the stars
Seeing is deceiving, dreaming is believing,
It's okay not to be okay
Sometimes it's hard, to follow your heart
Tears don't mean you're losing, everybody's bruising,
Just be true to who you are
|Member 2007||Senior Community Mentor||Social Media Guru||Resource & Newsletter Editor||Writer||Chat Mod|
|Forum Mod: LGBT, Sexuality and gender identity, Eating Disorders, Self-Harm, Peer Pressure and Bullying, Disability, Good Days, Friends & Family|
|PM/VM|

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: I NeEd HeLp... I dont know what to do anymore - January 21st 2009, 06:56 PM

Hi Mel,

(I'm just going to label this as triggering because some users may find it to be so.)

I first want to say that I think you are exceptionally strong to be dealing with this on your own, so kudos to you.
What I would suggest is to talk to the rest of your family about this. Do you have some older siblings you could talk to? This may help take some responsibility off your shoulders. Also, it is a good idea to talk to your doctor about this. The doctor needs to know what the medication is doing to your mother so they can either change it or let you know how to deal with it. Go to the doctor with your mom to talk about this.

All the best.
Nat.

Closed Thread