TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
xxpaigiexx Offline
Up In The Clouds...

I've been here a while

Name: Paige

Do I try and find half brothers? - September 9th 2009, 10:33 AM

I have 3 half brothers, 1 I have met and the other 2 I have not. My friend suggested facebooking them, I've not got the full names of them but I can get that information from my dad. I want to meet them and have a chance at having a relationship with them but I don't want to upset my mum in the process.
How do I go about finding them without upsetting my mum or making her feel inadequate?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: Do I try and find half brothers? - September 9th 2009, 09:45 PM

Hi Paige,

I think that this is definitely something you should talk about with your mum. It would be better to communicate how you feel to her than keep this from her and just do it on your own. Let her know that you are really interested in getting to know your half brothers and would like to have a chance to talk with them. I think it is also important to let her know that this is something you really want to do, and will do it anyway, but you would like to ask how she feels about it. By making her part of the decision, it will help her to feel less inadequate and more a part of how you feel about this.

After talking to your mom, you should contact your dad and ask for your half brothers' names and let him know that you are interested in getting to know them. Wanting to get to know them does not change how you feel about your mom, and that is something she is going to need to realize.

I hope that everything goes well for you. Good luck with meeting your half brothers!

Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

Closed Thread