TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ILoveDimaBilan Offline
Average Joe

Name: Nina

Red face Complete Oposites - September 9th 2009, 04:15 PM

Me and My best friend C (she's Albino)
She is a awesome person we are more or less the same she is just great =D

We we're talking yesterday as she was down and she was like I'm sick of being Albino etc I never seem to fit in to society. Just at that moment I realized that we are oposites.

C is the typer of person who physically and (she said this herself) On the out side, she can't fit in...Yet on the inside, once you break down the wall of shyness which isn't that hard she is the best person to know in the world.

As for me Physically, I have nothing wrong with me *touchwood* however Inside, I am not the average teenager I find it hard to talk to people on topic's they like, I love politics and things like that nobody else cares or likes. I have problems letting things go which I've been trying to do for a lot of my life.

C she can let go and just simply say *screw it what happens happens* She just hates her outside, I hate my inside

I hope I'm not offending anyone its just an amazing contrast. I think I'm jelous of her. Its just everybody likes her or notice's her no-one notices me. ha-ha

What should I do?
Nina.

Sorry if I'm being a burden..

Giant owl goes...
HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT
HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT
- Paul Meton
- HIGNFY

Go against the rules walk on your own not behind someone else!
- Dima Bilan

The Glass of life is never half empty it is always half full
- ME

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: Complete Oposites - September 9th 2009, 09:56 PM

Hi Nina,

Asking for help is never a burden, so don't ever feel bad about it! We're here to help and support you.

Having contrasts with friends can be what makes a friendship so perfect and so interesting. I understand that you both don't like certain aspects of yourselves, but you both have a friend that cares about you and likes you just the way you are. What makes you individual is what makes you unique and noticeable. Just because what makes your friend more physically unique, doesn't change what is special about you.

I think it's normal to be unsure about what to talk about with people who don't like the same things that you like. Sometimes conversations take a while to get into. But that is what it takes to learn more about a person. Try talking about and asking about what they are interested in and then add in some things about what you are interested in too. You don't need to change what you talk about to have a conversation with someone. Just be yourself, and the conversation will come gradually.

Also, try not to feel bad or out of place for liking politics or other things that other teens don't feel 'interested' in right now. I think it is very responsible and grown up to be interested in politics and to keep informed about what is going on. That is something that might take others longer to learn. I think politics is really a topic that is easier to talk about once people get a bit older, unless you are able to find others that have a similar interest in it, like in a debating club (maybe that is something you could check out?).

Right now, I think you should just be yourself. Keep up your friendship with C and do your best to reassure each other that you are perfect just the way you are.

Take care.
Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

Closed Thread