TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
♥Bliz Offline
Frosted but not frozen
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Kyle

Exclamation I need help with getting know the girl I like. - September 9th 2009, 10:24 PM

Ok first things first, I believe in relationships based on personality ok? Now this girl that I like is in my school, but shares no classes with me. I know a time where I can see and talk to her though. Anyway she knows I like her, she's the first girl that I've liked, and we don't know each other very well, But am very certain I like her. (all the signs, can't talk to barely, heart beats crazily, can't rid her image from my head....etc.) In the past I hardly had to do a thing to make friends, since I've been in the seed program for 3 1/2 years It's just a small group and everyone just came to me that is a lot alike me. The only instance where that hasn't happened that I can remember all I did was talk to a kid and then we weren't the best of friends. Another thing I've only had three freinds that are girls and all lasted short time, (The seed program has few girls in it.) I'm pretty much anti-social. Now where it all fits together: she ether isn't like me and for some reason I still like her, I like her and thus to shy to be friends with her and notice anything that might allow us to be friends (like her trying to get us to be friends), she doesn't want us to be friends for some reason, she has a bf, it's harder to make freinds with someone of the oposite sex, she is getting rumors about me. (long story with that last one, I've had some experience in the school and with one of her friends.......) So yeah, I want to get to know this girl because I like her, but there are complications. It's wierd I want to get to know her so it won't be weird if we go out, but I'm not sure if we have anything in common so we might not be able to be freinds, and if not would a good realtionship be possible? This I serousily need help with, so, any help can you give will be much apreciated.
  Send a message via Yahoo to ♥Bliz  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Larrinda Offline
Average Joe

Name: Larri :)

Re: I need help with getting know the girl I like. - September 12th 2009, 01:50 AM

It sound like your in a sticky situation.
If i was her and i was with someone i would feel very confused. But if she is hearing rumors about you and she likes you those rumors are giving her a reason to stay with her bf.

What would work to get me would be to just walk up and actually talk and tell her random things that are really cool.

That always makes me happy when my guy friends do that and can you like text her..thats a great way to start and then when your texting ask about calling her and DONT BE AWKWARD!!!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
TheWhiteTornado Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Jack

Re: I need help with getting know the girl I like. - September 12th 2009, 08:19 PM

First off: don't be afraid of talking to her, she's just another person like you. Back when I had problems like this I always thought they were godly or something and I'd be too nervous to talk. Just remember that they're no different than you.

Secondly, figure out what she likes to do (what types of movies, sports, etc.) and start off by doing things with your group of friends (it'd be best if she knew a few of your friends as well so she doesn't feel awkward). Just ask her if she'd like to see a movie with you and a bunch of your friends (again, make sure a few of your friends know her as well) so that way you get to know each other a little better without the potential awkwardness of a date. There are bound to be a few interests you both share.

Lastly: try being more social. I know it's a pain to feel obligated to be social or anything (believe me, I know), but she may be irritated by the fact that you don't really interact with anyone else.

Good luck dude.

"What do we live for, if not to make life less difficult for each other?"
-George Eliot

"Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it."
-Groucho Marx

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid that it will never begin."
-Grace Hansen

(#4 (permalink)) Old
♥Bliz Offline
Frosted but not frozen
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Kyle

Re: I need help with getting know the girl I like. - September 14th 2009, 11:23 PM

thanks guys. Only thing is that since I'm in the seed program, I'm practicly emabarssed of my freinds (which I know is bad but still...) when I'm with someone else I know, espcaily if I wish for them to repsect me. also I have few freinds, none that she knows. Although I do know one of her freinds, only problem being is that I was being annoying to her........ when we first met, and we defiantly aren't freinds, although we don't hate eachother (as far as I know of.) So I basicly was in a cell for three and a half years (partially my fault.) and i'm finally breaking out. so yeah, it's a pian.

Ps: I'm getting into rise aginst, they are my second fav band.
  Send a message via Yahoo to ♥Bliz  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
TheWhiteTornado Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Jack

Re: I need help with getting know the girl I like. - September 15th 2009, 03:40 AM

I understand it's a pain, I'm in the process of breaking out of my shell as well, but it definitely helps in this situation to get mutual friends so that things don't seem too forward or awkward. Just start talking to her (as well as her friend) with casual talk like "it's been a while, how're you?". As for your friends, if they don't respect your opinion to be with this girl then who cares? If you're happy, they have no right to stop you.

Haha, your welcome :P

"What do we live for, if not to make life less difficult for each other?"
-George Eliot

"Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it."
-Groucho Marx

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid that it will never begin."
-Grace Hansen

Closed Thread