TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
TheDarkPrince Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Luis

Friends just aren't coming through... - September 14th 2009, 08:42 AM

I know its a little selfish of me to think this, but none of my friends are coming through for me when I need them, and I always feel like they can and do come to me for help. I just feel drained, and now that I decide to rely on somebody, any one of my friends would do really, none of them are there for me.

I'm just tired and could use someone to talk to about my problems, my insecurities/set backs. Just some kind of morale boost I guess....even something like "hey, you're not a piece of shit, maybe a maggot, but not shit" would do hahaha

Idk...I'm just bitching, but there's no one else to talk to :/

Thanks, Cheers!
  Send a message via AIM to TheDarkPrince  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
xxpaigiexx Offline
Up In The Clouds...
I can't get enough

Name: Paige

Re: Friends just aren't coming through... - September 14th 2009, 12:06 PM

Hey Luis,

I guess when friends come to you for advice and someone to lean on they forget you're human and forget that you have problems too exactly like they do. I would suggest speaking to your friends and letting them know that right now you need someone to lean on and you need time for them to listen because right now you're having a hard time and you just need good friends to be there and reasure you that things aren't nearly as bad as you think.
I'm sure they will come through for you Luis if they knew how you felt.
PM me anytime, Paige x

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Angels Offline
Im a (bumble) bee
Average Joe

Name: Brittany Ann

Re: Friends just aren't coming through... - September 14th 2009, 01:18 PM

i know how you feel.. some times those people who you think are supposed to be there for you.. arent... Its like hello??? youre supposed to be my friends!! I dont expect my friends to be miracle workers and solve my prooblems but i do expect them to do for me what i do for them... which is let them talk to me about their problems and then i help them cope with them.. give them a shoulder to cry on and a great big hug when they need it.. Most of my friends never do any of that.. i know the feeling where it just feels like you need someone to say.. youre not as low as you feel.. or your not as pathetic as you feel or some one just to be there to listen..

trust me i do.. and i am always here if you need to talk.. ill listen and give you a virtual shoulder to lean on.. lol

As for your friends id try casually bringing it up in a convo... let them know youre hurting..

Closed Thread