TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
SessyRocks Offline
Not a n00b

Name: April

When will I be treated like a human? - September 20th 2009, 05:10 PM

I know I've made my mistakes, so to a point I used to think I deserved my mom's verbal abuse. But, I've been treating her with respect and even helping to take care of her when she's sick. But what do I have to show for it? Every chance she gets she snaps at me and yells at me. Right now we were supposed to go to church at 8 in the morning, but I was too sleepy. So we said we'd go at 10:30 but now she says she can't because she needs to eat breakfast (she's diabetic) and I was ok with it. Until she starts having an attitude and saying "next sunday I'm just leaving you here, I should have just left without you this morning." She talks to me like I've done something wrong. But I did nothing wrong. She always talks to me like this and usually I just take it. But right now I just snapped and I told her I didn't like how she snapped at me like that. I did not raise my voice or anything, I just told her I didn't like how she was talking to me and she said I was being abusive for saying that! It's like I'm not even human in this house, I am tired of it! I want out but don't have any money to leave. I have tried so many times to talk to her in a calm voice about how she talks to me, and she just says it's all my fault. Even now she's saying I should just leave because I'm "hurting her". I'm not even in the same room with her, I'm not even speaking to her, but I'm always the one to blame.

"To obtain this in exchange for Rin's life...it means nothing!!"-Sesshoumaru

Send a message via AIM to SessyRocks  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: ~Sebrine~

Re: When will I be treated like a human? - September 28th 2009, 01:17 PM

your mom is diabetic- diabetic people generally have temper problems and see the world against them. (my dad is, and my mom is slightly).

what your mom said and does sounds painful- espically since you had yourself controlled, as people we expect some apperciation when we dont burst. but unfortunatly moms rnt like that.

your mom sounds like she wants a vacation, do you think maybe a change of atmosphere might help?? maybe she wants time to come to terms that her daughter really isnt the mess she used to be. ( u said u made ur mistakes and they see us as a huge mess then adn feel it's thier duty to scream every min of every day, and when ur all nice and poliet- they're a lil confused,it's all new a bit new to them..) maybe it's just time.. i dnt no.

im sorry, i have no advice for you, im in a sticky situation like that too, so all i can offer you is my support and tell you that there are others like you out there who cant leave either. i'm one of the many that feel like thin air at home, and if not that, then the most deformed human alive. it's great that you know that it's not YOU that's the problem, it's her prespective of the world.. ...

Closed Thread