TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Electric Rain Offline
Your Beauty is Within. <3
Not a n00b

Name: Amanda.

I hate the damn weekends. - September 20th 2009, 09:47 PM

Not so much the weekend, but having to be at home. The truth is that my family does nothing. Our house is a pig sty, no one cleans up, no one bothers to get off their asses and actually do something. Then I get blamed for all of it. Sure I don't help as much as I should, but it's not only my fault. It's theirs too. How disgusting is this - our kitchen is fruit fly infested, and no one does anything about it. I have no idea what to do about it, and my mom doesn't even make an effort. She just ignores it. Our sewer or pipes or whatever is backed up, so our basement is basically flooded. No one bothers to clean up, so the floor is covered with junk. Books, papers, you name it. My mom goes in to make dinner and there's fucking mold growing in a pan she used the other day and left sitting on the stove for weeks. She sits in front of the TV, doesn't make any effort, and then blames me for not helping. It's not fair.

I have helped, so much. And I'm not the only one. We've had people come over and clean like hell. Family members that have helped, more than once. Actually, just a month ago, they helped us clean this shit hole. You'd have thought that my mom would make an effort to keep things clean, but no.

So after this whole gross incident involving making dinner, my mom sits down on the couch and cries and what the hell am I supposed to do? She doesn't feel good, so I'm not about to be a bitch. Plus, I'm no better than her. She doesn't have the money to get the pipes repaired, so I know she can't help that. But the kitchen, the front room, everything? I know it's not all her fault, I should help more, so should my sister. But I just really hate this

I told my therapist about it, and she talked to my mom, but it doesn't really change anything. Plus her little problem is rubbing off on me too, and I don't want to be so disorganized and unwilling to clean anything. I don't feel like I should be living here. I don't feel like it's fair.

I just want to go to school, where I keep things organized, where everything is clean, where no one is crying because of stress.
Everything is better away from this house...

*Sigh* Sorry for this massively long post. I'm done ranting now.

Was 'Concrete Girl'.
Never allow someone to be your priority

While allowing yourself to be their option.

The sure way to success:
Never giving up.

Closed Thread