TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
strong-but-weak Offline
Musical mess
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Leah

Exclamation She won't talk to me, but I need her like crazy. - September 25th 2009, 05:38 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I've been friends with Katie for a while now. We're good friends and I'm there as soon as she says that she needs some help or she's having a problem.
She was there for me also. Through cutting and eating disorders. Breakups. Everything just like I was for her.

Now all of a sudden she won't talk to me at all. She looks past me and ignores me when I talk to her. That or she gives some excuse. I know she's talking to other people. I'm not honestly sure what I've done to her.

I need her really bad right now and she's ignoring me. My eating disorder is back and I've been trying not to cut myself. She won't listen and I don't trust anyone else not to tell everyone. I know that they all do.

The fact that I know she's ignoring me is making it harder and harder to do what I know is right. I'm lonely.

I'm just wondering if anyone has any suggestions about why she might not be talking to me or how to get her to talk again.

And no matter what my heart [</3] says
I have to let you walk away
maybe someday

I can't fight for you anymore
But it's too hard to watch you fall.
But watching you go breaks my heart
But I want to.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: She won't talk to me, but I need her like crazy. - September 26th 2009, 03:22 PM

Hi Bella,

I think having a friend that you trust to talk to about the things most important in your life is really important. It sounds like you have both been great friends to one another, and is priceless.

I suggest you take some time after school sometime to sit down with your friend and have a heart to heart chat about this. Ask her if there is anything going on in her life that she wants to talk about, and then later bring up that you are a little worried that she hasn't been talking to you lately. Let her know that you appreciate all the times she was there for you and you want to be there for her the same way.

It could be that your friend has just taken on too much emotionally right now. She could be worried about school and how you are doing, and maybe she isn't sure how to help you right now. This doesn't mean that she doesn't want to talk to you, but it might mean that she just needs a break to recuperate a bit.

I know you trust your friend a lot and feel that she is the only person you can talk to about these things, but it might be a good time to step forward and reach out for help from your parents or a counselor at your school. Friends are good for talking to and getting advice from, but sometimes they can't be the only people you depend on to help.

I hope that everything goes well with your friend.
Take care.

Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

(#3 (permalink)) Old
cherryqueen1248 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Care

Re: She won't talk to me, but I need her like crazy. - September 27th 2009, 11:04 PM

good luck sweetie! i wish i had advice for you, but i'm going through something very similar...

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: ~Sebrine~

Re: She won't talk to me, but I need her like crazy. - September 28th 2009, 01:46 AM

... darling, i went through sumthing similar...
it's probably the most painful thing out there, have sum1 u love... be too busy for u..
it feels like rejection, it feels like ur not good enough, it feels like they've probably replaced u.
. but honestly tht's usually not the deal. usually they're either going through sumthing or they need sum space.. sumtimes distance does good, it helps u discover urself all over again, it helps u stand on ur 2 feet steardier (h.i.s)*
... sumtimes the bestest of frnds put a distance on purpose - they want u to find the strenght within u...
dnt worry abt it.. try to talk to her, if tht doesnt work, give her a few weeks.
everything'll go back to normal. i promise

*hugs* tc
if u need anything im rite here!!

Closed Thread