TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: ~Sebrine~

Unhappy not sure wat to do!! - September 28th 2009, 12:59 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

... Hi!!

[save time-skip this]
rite this paragraph is just to help me get started.
i used to be here on th.
thank god, i've kind of sorted myself.
used to be a magor cutter, used to write sad poetry, used to try to kill myself.... ... i was everythign i want myself not to be.
i mean i understand everything tht leads to it. i just want from myself to be better to be stronger to be made of steel.
bcos i believe tht if i really believe i can do sumthing, then with the help of god, absoultly ntg can stop me.
my faith helps me live.
sumwat-im proud of wat i've made of myself.

[more important stuff]
sumwat- im not.

yes i've stopped cutting... for a very long time. ayr and like 7 months. ... well i promised since tht day. i've shown a brighter face to ppl, i've come out of my lil mind and interact more. ... everything
but the more i seem to be achievign
the more i seem to mess up keeping my temper.
when i stop bottling things in, my anger is included.
adn it's rather a deadly thing.
... i keep fighting with my mom ..
i keep messing up our whole household.
i feel bad abt it- but i no not as bad as im suposed to
... we've never had an open relationship, where i can go "sorry mom"
plus i said things out of anger, i screamed
i raged, and did everything in my power to break her.
(she's stronger than tht) ... she ignored me throug 'my tantrum'
but u no wat, tht's the reason pushing me to scream
the way she ignores me.
the way nothign i do ever matters.
unlss of course it's not sumthing good. then it's all omg why did u do tht etc
i tired of this. i want to move on
i want a PROPER vent for my rage. i cant do sports
bcos everything i WANT to do HAS to go thrugh her and dad, and everything i say goes into one ear out the other
. it's almost like i dnt exist.
it's FRUSTRATING.
my sister backed her up .
i honestly dnt care wat my sister's opinion is on this. it's btwn me and my mom .. (although deep down i do care how it's effecting her..)
but i think she's cool, adn if she stopped sharing their opinions on me, we'd never fall out.

im not sure there really is advice to this. although sum new advice would be super welcumed.im kind of loking for suport..sum1 telling me there's a way to get better... . umm i no it's not tht big of deal compared to the stuff going on out there, BUT to me it is sumwat large. it's very upseting.
and it will never seem large unless u live through it. .

thank ahead

Last edited by Strider; September 28th 2009 at 09:45 PM. Reason: Adding 'triggering' prefix.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: not sure wat to do!! - September 28th 2009, 09:51 PM

Hi there,

Bottling up anger is never a good thing- especially when it ends up hurting yourself and others. I think it's really important that you find a way to talk things through with your mom or join a sport or activity in order to let some of your frustration out.

Communication is necessary in order for things to run smoothly in any relationship- in this case, it being with your family. I think that it can be difficult for parents to understand what is going on in a teenager's life unless they sit down and talk to them about it. They aren't mind readers, after all!

Try talking to your mom when you feel calm and when you know she doesn't have a lot on her mind. Let her know that you would really like to be able to talk to her about things, but you would like her full attention when you do so. Tell her that what she says really matters to you, but you need a chance to speak and talk to her about things too. Try bringing up that you would like to do some activities or sports and that you would really like her to consider letting you go.

Keep talking to your mom about things and keep her updated with what is going on in your life. But remember that listening and respect goes both ways, so you need to give her a chance to speak and listen to her as well.

I hope things start looking up for you.

Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: ~Sebrine~

Re: not sure wat to do!! - September 28th 2009, 10:41 PM

I've tried speaking to her about that... When we get along, we get along great. i love her, she's cute, she can be sweet, she makes ur fav dishes, she doesnt get me into trouble with dad. ... but she ignores any requests, she doesnt care if i want something, however the method i might tell her. and if i ask her something, however simple, however polietly, if she doesnt want to hear it, she will pretend no one spoke.
she wont even LOOK at me. and then she gets mad at me when i get mad. ... it's human reaction to get mad when ur ignored!!!- i tell her mama u should be happy i get mad, it means i no when im not being treated rite!! (pls remmber when i get mad, i say everything-however mean-yes im guilty)
i can keep calm (or bottle it in long enough) and try talking to her polietly, but once i get mad and if one word comes out, the rest comes rushing out like a breaking dam.
it seems like a hopeless situation.
and i'm willing to let it go and wait till i can move out and live on my own, the way i want to. ( i will come visit her and everything, but it'll be my own life then)
but for now it's extremely unhealthy, it's distroyed my past few yrs of school, adn a lot of times it comes in btwn my relationships and friendships.
i hate having to explain to people, i dont mind, i can do it, but i hate the way they wont view me as independent, how they see my helplessness, my powerlessness adn see it as if it's my own doing. if i could help it, i would NEVER be in this situation, tht's the thing i CANT help it. how some of them look down at me with pity, even if they dont say it, i see it in their eyes. but wat other option do i have, i need to explain that my parents are difficult, bcos otherwise i no they'll take offence, and i love my frnds more than life itself.
i really dnt no wat to do.
thank u strider, ur advice is good, it just doesnt work here.

Closed Thread