TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
mixtape Offline
Not a n00b

Friend from out of town - September 28th 2009, 08:57 PM

I have a friend from out of town who wants to come visit and I want her to come visit too. We have some issues

#1- Where can she stay? I live in a dorm room at university, we can have overnight guests however I share a room and have no extra bedding and what not for her. I have a second cousin who lives not far from me who showed me her guest room and said I could stay anytime. I was thinking her however...

#2- Transportation- All I have is the bus system and they do not run as far as where my second cousin lives and I do not want her to drive us around because she has two children and I do not want to ask a whole lot of her. Plus Alana likes to be out late.

#3- Drinking. Alana and I are both underage, I do not drink and I do not need to drink to have fun. However Alana needs too in order to have fun at night. She knows if she comes here there will not be any alcohol and I do not know how to entertain her otherwise, staying in on a saturday night is not an option and movies are borring to her.

Any suggestions or ideas?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: Friend from out of town - September 28th 2009, 10:24 PM

Hey there,

It sounds like it would be a fun trip to have your friend visit and stay over for a while! I understand that there are a few complications, though. Here are a few suggestions I had:

#1: If you don't have any extra bedding in your dorm room, then ask your friend to bring some. Let her know that you don't have extra and just see if she can bring a sleeping bag or some sheets and a blanket with her. I don't think that would be too much of a problem.
Or you could ask your second cousin if you could borrow bedding from her. If you are not able to bus around and stay there, then maybe you could just meet up with her somewhere the bus does come and ask if she could bring some bedding stuff with her. Your second cousin probably wouldn't have a problem with lending some sheets.

#2: Transportation is an issue only if you stay at your second cousin's house. Try sorting out having your friend stay at your dorm room first, by using the suggestions in #1.

#3: Look up some places you could go to in your area (within busing or walking distance). Go out for dinner and then go for a long walk. Maybe check out a place like a bowling alley- those are usually open late, they are fun, and it's something active that will probably get your friend to not think about alcohol. Another idea might be laser tag, if you have something like that where you live. That's a lot of fun, and you can join a big group- especially if you go on a weekend. You could walk around a mall or in a park. Really, it's up to you to think of stuff you and your friend like to do. These are only suggestions, after all.

I hope that everything goes well with your friend. I bet you'll have a lot of fun.
Take care.

Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

Closed Thread