TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
lost_chil Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Alice

Can he REALLY?! - October 6th 2009, 11:48 AM

I am getting EXTREAMLY pisseed off a home because of Jim(mothers bf, soon to be so called father in-law -__-)

Anyways, he will sit there and lecture me for an hour and make mee feel worse about myself, and than he puts me in "timeout" by sending me to my room for an hour or 2! LikeWTF! Can he even do that?! I'm 16 for god sakes! He's treating me like a f@cking child! I am getting really pissed off...

I haev sometimes thought of doing somethings, and have actually made plans on how t go about doing them.

I just can't take it anymore, can't tell mom, she agrees wityh him, and this is my last outlet, everyone else doesn't belive me... Just like seriously, is this even right?

We May Be Miles Apart. But Your Always Closer To The Moon. And Brighter Than The Stars

PM me anytime! =D

Last edited by Strider; October 6th 2009 at 11:09 PM. Reason: Taking out the PG-13 prefix.
  Send a message via MSN to lost_chil Send a message via Skype™ to lost_chil 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Kate_Madison Offline
Trying to be something more...
Not a n00b

Name: Kate

Re: Can he REALLY?! - October 7th 2009, 12:32 AM

Hey,
i don't know what kind of plans you're making but have you tried calmly talking to him or you're mother about it?
Tell them, calmly and without yelling (because sometimes when you yell parents only hear the shouting and yelling and not the words) that you're not a child and how you're soon to be step-father is treating you and putting you down.

Hope this helps
PM me if you need to talk

KATE
  Send a message via MSN to Kate_Madison  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Re: Can he REALLY?! - October 7th 2009, 12:38 AM

it seems a little over the top to send someone who is sixteen to their room to me. surely you can solve your differences by having an adult conversation?. i think you should bring it up with your mum [even if you think it won't help.] explain to her exactly how you feel and why you think it's unfair how he is treating you. next time he sends you to your room either just don't go or say that you'd rather talk about the problem than him just ignoring the issue.

..and our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears..

Closed Thread