TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
saxyphone Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Nicole

I keep having unpleasant dreams about my grandfather - October 10th 2009, 02:22 AM

So a couple weeks ago, my grandpa moved out of our house because my mom and him got in a fight. It was so stupid too- he got mad because our dog walks around in the kitchen and my mom defended our dog. He hasn't talk to anyone, no one knows where he is or if he's okay. It's really been stressing me out and showing in my dreams. I dreamt once or twice that my grandpa returned and everyone was so happy that he was back except for me. I was so angry that he hurt me, my mom, and my family. This afternoon, I dreamt I got a call on the phone. It was my grandpa. It sounded like he was dying and I just heard gasps on the other line. I kept yelling into the phone, "Papa! Papa! What's going on?? Are you okay?? Can you hear me Papa?!" It's freaking me out now. I'm afraid he's hurt or homeless or dead!

To everything,
Turn, turn turn
There is a season,
Turn, turn turn!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: I keep having unpleasant dreams about my grandfather - October 10th 2009, 10:15 PM

Hi Nicole,

It does sound like a pretty dumb reason that your grandpa left, and I understand how much it is affecting you. When someone just up and leaves it can be quite devastating and that is really being reflected in your dreams.

Do you know any of your grandpa's friends you could phone, or maybe some other relatives that he may have contacted? He could have gotten in touch with someone else after he left and those people could give you more information about where he is and how you can contact him. If no one else knows where he is and your grandpa has not contacted your family, then it would be a good idea to submit a missing person report to the police.

Try doing a calm activity like drawing, reading, stretching, doing a puzzle, or listening to music before you go to bed to get your mind off of negative thoughts about your grandpa. If you keep your mind busy, then it will be less likely to stray to places you don't want it to.

Do you think it would help to also talk to your parents about how you feel about your grandpa leaving? Maybe talking over your feelings and your dream with someone might help to figure them out and maybe get rid of them.

I really hope that your grandpa gets in touch with you soon.
Take care and all the best.

Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

(#3 (permalink)) Old
saxyphone Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Nicole

Re: I keep having unpleasant dreams about my grandfather - October 11th 2009, 03:28 AM

Thanks for the advice, Nat.
We've contacted all of our relatives in the area, and non of them have heard from him. He's very stubborn so I don't think he'll be talking to us anytime soon. As for the missing persons report, we went to the police today and they said since he's not a minor, or not a danger to others around him or himself, they can't do much but they'll keep an eye out for him.

To everything,
Turn, turn turn
There is a season,
Turn, turn turn!

Closed Thread