TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
KoKoEm Offline
love's lookin' good on you =]
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Emily

What The Heck Is Going On? - October 11th 2009, 01:33 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

So, I'm having friends issues. (And family but I probably won't go into that here) Also, this is marked triggering because of the third part which is the like only good thing, but it talks about SH and suicide, so I'm just letting you know.

So first, one of the people who was like one of my best friend's last year is pushing me away. Okay, not pushing me away, more like shoving me away. She'll talk to me a bit and she will respect me during theater (because I'm pretty much in charge). But we used to do stuff together all the time and now... I barely talk to her. She's telling all these other people that they're amazing and stuff right in front of me and nothing to me. She's now best friends with a German exchange student who's here for a year and I'm closer to the German exchange student than her. It's just... Starting to hurt...

Secondly, my best friend (seriously, she's difficult to replace no matter how much we butt heads) is majorly having a troubled time right now and I understand and respect that. I do the best I can to help her and it's not enough. I understand how that is, I admit it. I've been like that before too. However, I tried to tell her about what my mom has done and stuff when she got mad at me about a week ago and all my friend had to say was, "My mom always does that stuff to me. It's nothing." I almost broke down in my next class (which was theater) but the guys in there don't know me like that and I couldn't do it no matter how much I wanted to. I just said how bad of a mood I was in...

And finally, is probably a good thing. My friend (a guy) and I were on our way home from the halloween thing we went to with a bunch of other people and steak 'n' shake and we started getting close to my house and talked about how everybody who's friends with us seems to be having a hard time of things lately. We went into how people deal with anger. I hinted at my SH and he hinted (this wasn't the first time he has either) about suicidal feelings. Eventually he just said straight-forward that he holds in his anger and has been suicidal, but could never attempt. So, I told him about me and my SH and how I was/kinda am suicidal and my depression and my suicide attempts. He seemed pretty surprised to say the least. Weird thing is that I always thought it would be the other guy I'm close to that I'd tell this sort of stuff to before the one I did. Not that it matters, feels good for one of them to know. The other one will probably find out sometime soon seeing how my mood/emotions have been majorly downhill lately.

I don't know what I expect/want people to say. I guess it's mostly I wanted to finally freakin' say all the stuff about the first one. I'm about to talk to one of my friend's about the second one (we may get to the first one as well). And the third, was more that I'm happy about that in all honesty.

This is how it ends
We believe every lie & say we'll still be friends
How long will it last
Before we scratch all the scripts & rework the casts
*Hourglass by the Hush Sound*

PM me =]

Current Craft Obsession: http://friendship-bracelets.net
Craft obsessions vary often.
  Send a message via AIM to KoKoEm Send a message via MSN to KoKoEm Send a message via Yahoo to KoKoEm  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Candy Offline
U think it, but i'll ink it...
Not a n00b

Name: Candy

Re: What The Heck Is Going On? - October 11th 2009, 02:13 PM

Your friend sounds a little mean tbh. Maybe she need a lil break for a bit so give her space. As for the German exchange student, when they're gone its veryyy likely ur friend will come back to you so dont even worry.

Candy =)

Closed Thread