TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
alonealways Offline
^.^
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Jessica

I think I love him but I'm not sure.. but does it even matter?? - October 13th 2009, 04:08 AM

There's this guy at my school that no joke everybody likes. I like him a LOT and I've told him that but he always says he wants to be my friend. Problem is, everybody around me says he likes me. EVERYBODY. Including people in their 20's.. like they ask "Hey what's between you and this person?" I say nothing cause it's true but when I say that I like him they say "I think he likes you back.." And they're all pretty positive.

Everybody has come to the same conclusion: He likes me but he won't admit it for some reason or is oblivious to the facts.

Problem is, how long do I have to wait for him to realize? Will he ever realize? And why can't I stop thinking about him? Why is that I think about him before I fall asleep and then right when I wake up? Why am I dreaming about him??? This has never happened to me before, and I'm miserable. ): What do I do??

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: I think I love him but I'm not sure.. but does it even matter?? - October 13th 2009, 09:32 PM

Hi there,

This can be a very confusing situation because it's difficult to say if this guy likes you as a friend or in another way. What other people say isn't always how the person feels, and they could be misinterpreting his feelings.

I understand that this is conflicting for you. You like him a lot, and I think that would explain why you think about him so often. The reason you are miserable is probably because you don't know if he feels the same way for you. Liking someone can have a big influence on our lives, as we're constantly questioning the possibilities.

What I suggest you do is talk to this guy. Maybe say something along the lines of "Hey, people keep asking me if we're together, what do you think about that?". You'll probably get a good sense of how he feels from how he responds. If that doesn't work out, then asking him upfront if he likes you might be a better option. It takes a lot of confidence to ask that question, but I think you're bound to get a truthful answer.

If he doesn't want to date right now, or likes you just as a friend, then keep him as a friend! There's nothing wrong with just being friends with the people you like. Maybe later on in his life he will feel differently and change his mind about dating.

Really, the only person that knows how this guy feels is himself. If he wants to go out with you, then he's the one who should come forward with his feelings, as you have already done so.

Take care.
Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

(#3 (permalink)) Old
alonealways Offline
^.^
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Jessica

Re: I think I love him but I'm not sure.. but does it even matter?? - October 15th 2009, 01:26 AM

He says he only likes me as a friend so I accepted that. Now we don't talk as much and we're getting farther apart.... I'm confused cause I was standing right behind him at lunch, facing the other way talking to another friend and he was literally so close to me our backs were touching. But he doesn't text me back ever anymore and we never stare at each other anymore. It's like since my interest in him is dwindling he's even more confused...

Today I walked by him on my way to history and on his way to PE and I wasn't paying ANY attention what-so-ever. Lol! I was just looking down and going on my way. He tapped me on the shoulder and I looked up confused and he smiled at me kinda like "You okay? We don't ever talk anymore.." kinda... sad. It was a smile but it was a sad kind of "Miss you" smile. I just kinda kept walking. What do I make of this? Does he want me to be interested again and that's how we are friends? Just flirtatious friends? Or does he really miss me but doesn't know what to say to me? =/ I don't get it.

Closed Thread