TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ILoveDimaBilan Offline
Average Joe

Name: Nina

Unhappy Get me off the rollercoster! - October 17th 2009, 05:47 PM

My Brother is...
A mix of people.

He can be a really nice guy really pro family guy loving happy funny and thats cool we like that, I mean sometimes he can be down and unhappy and stroppy but we're all human.

Then he got into his beating stage where he was hitting me and things like that. He's stopped that now. I'm proud of him.

But I don't know whats up with him now. He yell's at mum and dad is very angry nowadays. I don't know what we've done. I assumed it was the fight we had a few days ago but we've had worse than that.

But usually in our arguments we scream at each other. He usually says to me "I'll hit you so hard, you'll die" "I'll break your teeth you etc" I don't want to get to the emotional details of that so the other day as I was going to Biology enrichment I like to get their early thats just me I have way of doing things. I'm more organized.

He starts making fun and becuase of his idoicy he almost got me late I got their just in the nick of time. and I was walking in he was laughing at me and I was yelling at him, I felt good doing that it felt so good saying what I said because it felt as if 15 years of abuse and being the underdog and second best to him came out.

I said "GO DIE, I'LL DANCE ON YOUR GRAVE!" I know it was harsh but it was a relief I'm not going to deny. So I'm wondering now....

If that made him angry now. I think he should learn to take what he dishes out because I don't like it personally.

I'd like to know what made him angry now and nowadays. I will apologize in a sense if I have to but I won't in away because that felt so good and it was such a release. I know people will think I'm twisted. But It felt good I won't do it everyday or abuse him or anything else I won't be as bad as him But saying those words I feel as if I've knocked down a barrier.

Nina

Giant owl goes...
HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT
HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT
- Paul Meton
- HIGNFY

Go against the rules walk on your own not behind someone else!
- Dima Bilan

The Glass of life is never half empty it is always half full
- ME

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Babity Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Kaila

Re: Get me off the rollercoster! - October 17th 2009, 05:54 PM

Ugh, siblings. About the most complicated thing in the world. I know how you feel. I have a little sister that frustrates me (although maybe not at the same severity level like you and your bro )

Here's my advice, establish how you want the relationship to be from now on. You don't have to necessarily flat out tell him, but let him know that you don't want to be treated like that or treat him that way. Then to enforce this, don't ever respond with violence or angry words. Always try to leave the situation...don't stay and create more conflict. And when you both get along, really try to emote how much you like it better when you act like this.

If things get worse though....it might be time to have a sit down with your parents or something. It's kinda a lame suggestion...but it might work.

Let me know if I'm on the right track here.

Compromise is not a sign of weakness. It is the strength to withstand caving to an ultimatum.
Living with one takes great strength

TH Buddy
VM me
PM me

Last time I cut myself
October 19th, 2012

Closed Thread