TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Tomb Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Family angry I have to pay my tuition by myself? - October 18th 2009, 12:30 AM

I told my parents I quit at their restaurant. Because I am behind in school and my 2 sisters never show up to work. My sisters lie to them, we all know.

I dropped a metal stainless bowl with nothing to the floor. And Said I quit. Because I asked my dad where is my oldest sister.. he said... "she called me an hour ago and said shes busy again.." So i got really mad.

I worked in the restuarnt. Payed by tips only. I worked there since I was 4 or 5 years old (somtime before kindergarden) mopping the floors for 25 cents before I eat my breakfast.

I cut and grind meat for 2 dollars and wash dishes for 4 dollars. I wasn't allowed to play with my friends or go join sports... cuz if i did i would be "kid napped". My parents seemed to trick us kids(4 of us) to work for them since well when we could physically work.

My parents paid us these rates for a few times. I accumulated about 1000 dollars in my bank at the time. When i got older i recieved tips. I evenually got about 5000 dollars.

I told my parents I quit im paying for my tuition bymyself I can not stand this abuse and work place discrimination.

My older sisters always lie to my parents that they are busy. One is a drop out and the other one takes 6 years to finish a 4 year university program... busy huh?

Which leaves me and my little sister bearing my parents fustration in the workplace.

My little sister had a alleged "mental break down" she said she quits high school....

And I told my parents I quit work. cuz i need a 75 percent average not a high 60's .

Im frustruated by my folks. I can't stand the yelling, and I am extermly jealous by the fact that my older sisters are getting me and my little sister screwed.

This means I will get a hugh income cut.. I might look for a small part time job to offset the loss. I have a large reserve to pay for my final year of university.

I am thinking about joining the military as a first lieutenant by the Direct Officer Entry plan which requires a university degree. I dont care about going to afganistan(im a canadian) i don't expect it to be fun. But atleast I will get paid well (40k), a degree of repect and far away from home. because I never want to go back home. My parents are selfish...

Other facts. Im graduating with an Business Degree in Accounting. ANd I want to apply to become a Logistics Officer. (a supporting role, resource managment for finance or supplies) or I might join as a Officer for Armour(i doubt, but if i work full time i might be able to move) or artillery. If i join as an officer then i am contracted to work for 9 years.

Closed Thread