TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Make Believe Offline
makes everything 20% cooler.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Ceilidh ("Kay-Lee")

Angry Stop trying to set me up - October 22nd 2009, 12:40 PM

My mum keeps trying to set me up with guys They all seem to be older than me too (in their late 20s) I have nothing against an age difference, but wouldn't you think as my mother she wouldn't want me to go out with someone about 10 years older than me? She seems to pick only attractive guys who seem like creeps.

I don't even want a relationship right now. Sure I get lonely at times but I think I need to sort my own life/problems out first before fucking up someone else's life with them -______-

Plus, I'm confused as hell about my sexuality right now so I don't want to mess with someone's head because of that either.

ugh.

Send a message via MSN to Make Believe  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Hey Nikki! Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Stop trying to set me up - October 22nd 2009, 09:01 PM

Oh GOD. Don't even get me started on how terrible moms' choices are when it comes to guys.

My mom tried to do the same thing, except she was gonna hook me up with a guy my own age who went to my community pool. It was his first year there, and I made the mistake of talking to him once. I asked a girl who went to school with him is she knew about him, and she told me he was a complete stalker. He would stare at me for 5 minutes at a time- even longer- and even when I glared at him, he still wouldn't look away.

If I had hooked up with this kid, not that I'd ever, I don't know what he would do. I don't trust him.

My advice- It's gonna take a long time to convince your mom to stay out of your love life- but it's worth it in the end. My mom kept putting the pressure on me to go out with this guy for the whole summer.

Where do you go with your mom when she points these guys out to you?

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Make Believe Offline
makes everything 20% cooler.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Ceilidh ("Kay-Lee")

Re: Stop trying to set me up - October 23rd 2009, 03:25 PM

My sister works as a barmaid and her boss is my mum's best friend. I used to cover for a few people there if they didn't work, so I've worked there a few times too. I had to stop as too many new people make me anxious and since I seemed to work in parties an awful lot there were SO many people waiting to be served at once The guys (well, I should say men) she tries to set me up with normally go there.

Or they're her friends' sons

My mum also calls me stupid for dumping my ex boyfriend because she thought he was good looking yes, because THAT's all I look for in a relationship. Forget the fact he was controlling and basically wanted me for sex -______-

Send a message via MSN to Make Believe  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Hey Nikki! Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Stop trying to set me up - October 23rd 2009, 08:45 PM

That last paragraph you wrote there just proved to me that ALL mothers must be at least slightly insane. Did you notice that dads never do this? You'd think it would be the other way around, because moms are so overprotective. OH, but when it comes to boys, they let their guard down COMPLETELY and act immature. My mom makes me feel like an adult trapped in a kid's body.

I'm not looking for anyone at the moment either. One, I give up, and two, my mom disapproves of whoever I like, no matter how good they look. She must have a special thing for creeps or something. Even my sister pointed out that it was time for my mom to stop obsessing over people who I didn't even notice existed.

Sometimes it makes me feel as if my mom feels sorry for me, and she's pressuring all this on me just because she wants to see me with somebody.

Try to avoid going anywhere with your mother. Once you hit 15, you don't want to be caught dead around your mom anymore. At least, that's how I feel.

Closed Thread