TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
EverMore Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

October 24th 2009, 04:12 AM

I really need help, i feel almost bipolar because a couple of months ago i was in an alltime high entering high school, and now i find out that my dads job was elim. and that my mom has an under control thyroid condition since my birth. im wondering what else has been kept from me.
And now after this shitty fight with both my parents im realizing that since third grade ive always cared so much about school and practiacally lived there, and sometimes dreaded going home because for some reason im just not happy there, and its this horrible sensation of walking in the door, head in the clouds, to hitting rock bottom. im not abused in any way, but my mom and i have very contrasting personalities and are constantly fighting. im just not happy and sometimes deppressed as i am now. i dont want to consider foster care, and i may be delirious as i write this, but i dont feel like i can stay here any longer.

Im not going to go to sleep tonight i dont think i can

Last edited by Strider; October 25th 2009 at 12:27 AM. Reason: Merging double post.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
EverMore Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Foster care - October 24th 2009, 05:27 AM

im feeling better. alot

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: Foster care - October 25th 2009, 12:36 AM

Hi there,

I'm glad you are feeling better now. It's important to be able to get out feelings instead of keeping them all bottled up. I hope that typing your situation out helped a bit.

I know what it's like to call school a second home, and it can be uncomfortable to go from school to home when home feels like such a negative environment. I think the best way to go about changing that feeling is by talking to your parents and finding out what is causing home to feel this way for you. If your parents are keeping things from you, then maybe let them know that you are responsible enough to hear what is going on and you would like them to keep you informed. If you feel that you can handle what they have to say, then they should be able to say it to you.

If you think that you may have bipolar, then it would be a good idea to make an appointment with your doctor. They will be able to tell you for sure whether your feelings are medically related or not. If you think that it would help to speak to a counselor as well, then maybe that is something you could talk to your parents about, or you could go see a guidance counselor at school.

I don't think that foster care is an option for your situation right now. I know that you feel you need to get out of your house, but I think you should try talking to your parents and try fixing what is causing you to feel so down about going home.

I'm glad you are feeling better. If you ever need to talk, feel free to PM me any time.
Take care.

Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

Closed Thread