TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
RinRinStar Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Exclamation I'm desperate and I dont know what else to do,need urgent help please~! - October 26th 2009, 04:10 PM

Okay,Hi,I'm new here and I have this big big problem that shouldn't be a big deal if my mom and dad and grandfather wouldnt have made it into a big deal.
Here's my problem,hope you guys can help me resolve it:
Okay so there's this project I've been to.And not everyone gets in,and we study how to be network technicians and hardware technicians too,after school.It hasnt to do with school and it's something people usually study at the university.
The first year was great.But things change and people leave and the subject changed and I hate it.I became miserable,feeling stupid when I go there,I have no motivation and I cry at nights because I want to leave it.
Why dont I leave it already?One big word: PARENTS.
My Dad seems to be okay with the fact that I want to leave,but my Mom isn't.She isn't at ALL.Nor my grandfather is either.
Both my Mom and Grandfather say "dont fail me" and tell me I'm not leaving.Specially my Mom.
Nor my father,mother or grandfather are willing to listen or understand me.My mom doesnt want to talk about it.
They threaten me and make me stay there and they dont get that I'm actually suffering.And it's not because of my friends leaving it too.It's me.I am suffering.It's ME that isn't interested anymore and is crying at nights because my parents or grandfather cant accept it.
Yesterday I tried telling my dad,and he seemed like giving up and saying "ok".The three of them are seeing it coming,but when I told my mom yesterday that I'm CONSIDERING(I've considered and tried to stay over a year now and it wont help.I'm sure I want to leave for good and its not something I'm wishing to keep doing when I go out to the world when I grow up,-I'm 16-),and she said "Well,there's the door".I said "Mom I'm serious" and she said "So am I".
What should I do to make them understand me?~!and let me quit that project for good?~!
Please please help me,I'm going to talk to them tonight about it so I need good advices~!
Also,seems like I'm the only one on earth going trough something like this,has anyone gone through something the same kind once?
What did you do to make your parents let you quit without making a big deal of it??
Thank you all~!^^

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: I'm desperate and I dont know what else to do,need urgent help please~! - October 26th 2009, 10:00 PM

Hi there,

It sounds like your parents really wont let up about this project. It isn't fair that they keep forcing you into it when you are not enjoying it anymore and it is upsetting you this much.

What I suggest you do is offer your parents a replacement activity that you could do instead. They might want you in this project, but maybe there is another one they would be okay with you joining instead. Do some research and find out what kind of activities are in your area and see if you can apply to one of those.

Another idea would be to talk to the person who runs the project. If a teacher is running it, then maybe you could explain to them that you have lost interest in the project, but your parents are forcing you into it. Ask them if they could possibly talk to your parents and let them know that this might not be the right thing for you. Having an adult talk to them might change their minds better than their child.

The only other thing you can do is tell them how much it is upsetting you lately and you just can't stand it anymore. Let them know that you want to focus on other things and make them proud with other things you do in life rather than just that project.

I hope everything goes well with your parents.
Take care and good luck.

Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

Closed Thread